Here's a pop-up castle birthday card I made for my friend's son's birthday. It uses the castle template from the fantastic Popupology website which generously gives several files for personal use. I was able to import it into Sure Cuts A Lot 3 (SCAL3) for use with my Black Cat Cougar die cutting machine, which saves a lot of time on cutting and folding!
Once the card was cut and folded, I used various fantasy papers (including my favourite DCWV Once Upon a Time papers) to decorate the card front and inside.
Two ATCs. Backgrounds in Distress Ink (Tattered Rose/Vintage Photo on the left and Old Paper/Peeled Paint on the right). Water drops flicked on the backgrounds gave a subtle mottled effect. A honeycomb background stamp from IndigoBlu was used on the left in Tattered Rose and the right in Old Paper. The edges of the left ATC were defined with Walnut Stain and Ranger Archival Ink in Black, and just the Archival Ink on the right ATC. A Sakura Micron pen in Black was used to draw lines round the edges of both.
The ATC on the right had a Darkroom Door script background stamp done in Peeled Paint and then various stamps (Tim Holtz and Kaisercraft) done in black Archival Ink, a key was glued on using Glossy Accents and freehand doodles were added with the Sakura pen. A 'splatter' stamp was used in Old Paper Distress Ink and then a circle stamp in Aged Mahogany Distress Ink (both stamps by Tim Holtz).
The ATC on the left had a scratches stamp from Tim Holtz done in Vintage Photo Distress Ink, and then a TH number stamp, a Darkroom Door frame stamp and a botanical flower stamp all done in black Archival Ink. Finally some 7Gypsies washi tape was stuck down on the right and its edges done to match the rest of the card.