Less is More are doing a texture challenge this week. Yippee! I pulled out all my embossing folders, texture tools, layering papers, embossing pastes, embossing powders, stencils and several jam jars of embellishments.
Then I remembered that the cards also have to be clean and simple, so I put most of it away!
Here's my (hopefully CAS) attempt.
It's hard to show in photos, but I've tried to achieve two types of texture: the appearance of texture, and actual texture. Linen card stock and Dylusions inks sprays topped with ink splatters and a faint hint of water ghosting give the appearance of texture. The raised card layer, translucent embossing paste, white embossing paste (touched up with a Posca paint pen to make it 'pop' a bit more) and a single wooden word give actual texture.
The Dylusions colours used are Fresh Lime and Lemon Zest on the background, and Slate Grey on the wooden word. There are also tiny dots of Distress Ink in Peacock Feathers here and there.
Thanks for stopping by, and massive congratulations to everyone else who's entered because their cards are looking AMAZING - there are some seriously talented people out there!
If you'd like to play along with Less is More each week, check out the blog.