Happiness is a handmade card

Pages

20.2.16

Less is More - texture challenge

Less is More are doing a texture challenge this week. Yippee! I pulled out all my embossing folders, texture tools, layering papers, embossing pastes, embossing powders, stencils and several jam jars of embellishments.

Then I remembered that the cards also have to be clean and simple, so I put most of it away!

Here's my (hopefully CAS) attempt. 



It's hard to show in photos, but I've tried to achieve two types of texture: the appearance of texture, and actual texture. Linen card stock and Dylusions inks sprays topped with ink splatters and a faint hint of water ghosting give the appearance of texture. The raised card layer, translucent embossing paste, white embossing paste (touched up with a Posca paint pen to make it 'pop' a bit more) and a single wooden word give actual texture.



The Dylusions colours used are Fresh Lime and Lemon Zest on the background, and Slate Grey on the wooden word. There are also tiny dots of Distress Ink in Peacock Feathers here and there.

Thanks for stopping by, and massive congratulations to everyone else who's entered because their cards are looking AMAZING - there are some seriously talented people out there!

If you'd like to play along with Less is More each week, check out the blog.

28 comments:

  1. I love this grungey textured make

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous background Esther!

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card and I love the zingy lime with the black sentiment.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marie! I was feeling the spring vibe - goodness knows why when it's such miserable weather this weekend!

      Delete
  4. I love your card. Very CAS grunge (if that exists lol! ) :-) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracy! My next (non-LIM) venture is going to be a CAS/shabby chic hybrid... we'll see how that goes! I have a vision, lol.

      Delete
  5. This is so eye-catching. Fabulous fresh colour and an amazing background.
    I laughed about your comment on getting stuff out and then putting it all back...I did exactly the same ;-)
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THanks Sharon - glad I'm not the only one! I literally had 2 desks covered in 'stuff' and then I thought... this ain't clean and simple. 'Stuff' put away, sad face on. Lol x

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you Buffy! I appreciate you commenting x

      Delete
  7. Great card - love the vibrant colour xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its gorgeous, the right amount of texture, and the pop of yellow color is brilliant, it is a CAS creation, mine seems bit overloaded this time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Rahmat! But I disagree about your lovely creation with the hand drawn flower. There's definitely white space, and it's so beautifully done and creative x

      Delete
  9. Really lovely, love the texture and the colours,
    Sarita x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just lovely, the added texture lends a richness to this simple design!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chrissie! I appreciate you taking the time to comment :)

      Delete
  11. What a striking and vibrant fun card Esther! Lots of fantastic texture and detail and a superb take on the challenge. thanks so much for playing along this week and thanks for all your superb commenting! Your little face is popping up everywhere and I'm sure everyone will love your comments!
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sarah! Everyone's cards are so lovely I just have to comment and tell them :D I think LIM is fantastic so a massive thanks to you and all the DT for being so inspirational and supportive xx

      Delete
  12. Ooh what a stunning piece of art! Love the texture and the bright, zesty colours.
    Thanks so much for joining us this week.
    Anne
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anne! I really appreciate you commenting :)

      Delete
  13. I love this Esther. Lovely texture and I love the colour! Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Barb! Yours was stunning so I take it as a real compliment that you like mine! xx

      Delete
  14. Amazing colours and textures. Your card is great! Thank you for visiting my blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...