Happiness is a handmade card

Pages

12.2.16

Less is More - White on White Challenge

Less is More are doing a White on White Challenge (metallic accents permitted) for their 5th birthday celebrations. Happy birthday LIM! I thought I'd join in with a card. CAS is not my normal style - I love vintage shabby chic and usually do mixed media and a TON of embellishments! Going so minimal was a real struggle! 




I wanted to create a very peaceful, airy feeling so I used 260gsm linen effect card for the blank and the panel to give subtle texture. The splatter on the panel is Alcohol Ink Silver Mixative. You can't see this in the photo, but it has the most gorgeous metallic sheen when held in the light. I then made a feather embellishment using air dry clay and secured it to the panel with Glossy Accents.I enjoyed the challenge and looking at everyone else's beautiful entries. Thanks LIM!

If you want to follow the Less is More Challenges, take a look at the blog: http://simplylessismoore.blogspot.co.uk/

20 comments:

  1. Well it certainly doesn't look as though you had a struggle with this beauty! I love your feather and the design is perfectly CAS!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chrissie! I appreciate your comment :)

      Delete
  2. Well you certainly achieved the feeling of peace on this card. Your feather looks lovely against the silver splatters.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning! That feather you created is gorgeous, love this!
    Thanks so much for joining our 5th birthday celebration challenge!
    Anne
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Anne! I enjoyed the challenge :)

      Delete
  4. Beautiful card and a worthy winner. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Certainly a worthy winner, such a beautiful card, it's really stunning!
    Annie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annie, that's very kind of you! :)

      Delete
  6. This is truly a very special card! I'm certain that anyone who received it would want to keep it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Evelyn, I really appreciate you commenting!

      Delete
  7. You should do minimal more often, Esther! This is outstanding and so worthy of the honor of being Showcased at LIM!! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Darnell (and what a lovely name). I feel the need to do something heavily embellished this weekend to make up for all the minimal LOL but I am enjoying the challenge of trying something new!

      Delete
  8. What a beautiful card! I haven't thought to use air dried clay in this way before. Do you end up with a rather "brittle" embellishment? Could it be sent in the post?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue, thank you! It depends how thick you make the embellishment. If you can get a bit of depth to them, say 4 or 5 mms, they're very robust and can survive being dropped (guess how I found out?!). However even thinner embellishments at 1-3 mms can be okay if packed well. Basically with an embellishment you're looking at large letter size, so I often pop the whole thing into a very thin box (that still comes in as large letter size) using my Envelobox maker. That way I just need to add some tissue paper as a nice wrap. However, I've also sent cards with air dry clay embellishments in envelopes and found that if you use a slightly oversized envelope and a layer of bubble wrap popped on top, they seem to survive okay even if they're thinner and more delicate. So far, anyway! Hope that helps!

      Delete
  9. Beautiful and so clever, well worth a win, congratulations x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...