Happiness is a handmade card

Pages

28.3.16

Shabby chic bird card

More embellished goodness! This card is probably my favourite I've made so far.



  • Pearlised off-white card blank from Anna Marie Designs
  • Layer of white cardstock, make unknown
  • Patterned paper layer from Paper Cellar Victorian Classic 6x6 paper pad, with distressed edge, dry brushed gesso added here and there and a straight stitched border and random zig zag stitches done in cream thread on my Singer sewing machine
  • Doily, aged with Antique Linen Distress Ink
  • Paper flowers, pearl pins and oval cameo all from Wild Orchid Crafts
  • Image from Vintage Printable
  • Sentiment was computer generated, cut out and edged with Antique Linen Distress Ink
  • Paper flowers given a hint of shimmer on the tips with a Wink of Stella clear pen


The insert is printed with a repeat of the birds image, set to... ummm, maybe 50% transparency. The double border is printed in gold.



If anyone hasn't yet seen that VERY helpful list of RGB colour codes floating round the internet, here they are. I can't remember where I saved this screenshot from unfortunately, but if anyone knows the author do let me know and I'll change this to a link to their post.


Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Another beautiful card, Esther! I love the cameo and the sentiment. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. This is stunning. Love it :)

    - Aimless Sunny

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...