Happiness is a handmade card

Pages

2.4.16

CAS fusion card

I wanted to try a style of card that's new to me - a fusion of embellishments and CAS (clean and simple). Instead of covering the whole card, as I would usually do for a shabby chic/embellished design, I kept a large amount of empty space.










Ingredients: 

  • Linen card stock for card base and layer (raised on foam pads)
  • Dylusions ink sprays in Chopped Pesto and White Linen
  • Ranger Perfect Medium and Ranger Embossing Antiquities in Weathered White
  • Paper scraps from Grace Taylor Vintage Collection Paper Pack, aged with Distress Ink in Iced Spruce
  • Flowers, heathers, leaves and diamante sprays from Wild Orchid Crafts and adhered with Pinflair
  • Snail shell collected (empty!) from the local woods
  • Sentiment computer generated and adhered in an arch using Pinflair
  • Silver stickles

Thanks for stopping by!


34 comments:

  1. This is stunning! Gorgeous in every way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. Love your embellishments. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Esther!

    Thanks for leaving a comment on my LIM cards- it's lovely to find someone else who likes a variety of styles and trying to combine them... most people can't imagine CAS with Shabby Chic/Vintage but I love the combination... and this card proves why it's such a good one- so pretty and elegant!! :)

    Love your Polka Dot cards too!! :)

    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooops.. forgot to say I a now following via Feedly (my stalking tool of choice! ;) )! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love what you've created here, the mix of CAS and shabby chic, modern meets classy, really well designed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How creative to make a gorgeous card like this which is CAS and shabby chic together. Nice touch with the shell. A beautiful card x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much! I did give the shell a good wash before using it, lol x

      Delete
  7. This is such a pretty card. Your 3D floral embellishments are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The inks splotches under the flowers look fantastic, and good job on successfully making it CAS and chic style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Rahmat! I enjoyed the new (for me) approach :)

      Delete
  9. Wow Esther I LOVE your LIS card. The floral arrangement is perfectly balanced and beautiful against the backdrop of dark green. You've created a stunning card.

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erica, that's really nice of you x

      Delete
  10. Esther my this is so so pretty what a beautiful card. The placement is perfection and the touch of colour gives it such a natural feel.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love love love!! What a fab design, love all your details... gorgeous :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so beautiful and elegant, Esther...I had a double take on the snail shell, though - what a clever idea to add it as an embellishment! I'm off to hunt some myself... xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carole! There are loads of empty ones in my local woods - think the birds are to blame! xx

      Delete
  13. And this is awesome! Chabby chic and still CAS, WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  14. O, and thanks for your lovely comment!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow, this is just stunning. That's it I'm speechless at its gorgeousness! Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  16. So very pretty - and using a real snail shell ?! Creative !

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...