Happiness is a handmade card

Pages

1.4.16

Less is More recipe challenge - polka dots - card 1

The challenge this week from Less is More is to make a CAS (clean and simple) card using polka dots. Who doesn't love polka dots?

To show commitment, I had my nails this month done to match the theme!



Right, on to the card. This one is to send to a little boy who my company sponsors. He's called Lucky and he lives at Happy House in Watamu, Kenya. Happy House care for orphaned, abandoned or abused children. At Happy House they are warm, fed, go to school and most importantly are given lots of love. Every few months, one of our team send a card to Lucky so he knows we're all thinking of him. It's my turn this time.



If you're thinking those colours look familiar, you're right! I was going to make a shaker card for the Citrus challenge we had a few weeks ago, so I made loads of dots using linen card, distress inks in Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade and Twisted Citron, and a small circle punch. Then I changed my mind, so I had all the dots waiting for another project. How lucky!

I'm super happy to have a sentiment die (at last). This one is from Clearly Besotted and I love it! It cuts so cleanly. I stacked up four layers of die using a Sakura glue pen to give it a bit more dimension against the polka dots. The linen panel was then popped off the linen card base using foam pads.

I hope Lucky likes his card and it cheers up his day :)

If you want to play along each week with the fun Less is More challenges, check out the blog.

Thanks for stopping by!

23 comments:

  1. Such a bright and cheerful card, I'm sure Lucky will love it. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen! I was glad I had the citrus colours left over to make a bright card for him x

      Delete
  2. I'm sure Lucky will love your thoughtful card Esther - those bright and cheery citrus colours can't fail to brighten his day! All those awesome polka dots too. I love die cuts so share your joy at finding this one - so useful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Esther, I love your bold spots on this card !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely bright card - isn't it great when you can use up some of your stash?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly is! Thank you Margaret!

      Delete
  5. A wonderful trio of polka dot cards, Esther, and, of course, you manicure is so fun! And, how wonderful of your company to sponsor Lucky in the Happy House at Watamu! I spent almost an hour watching the very emotional video. What an amazing project of love!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a fantastic project, Kay :) Our last child, Alex, was able to return home after a few years and we were pleased for him but also very sad to see him go. It's great to have Lucky now so we can keep on supporting a child as a team. Thanks for your lovely comment too!

      Delete
  6. It must have taken you ages to stick all those dots so precisely Esther, it's so effective too!
    Your sentiment looks awesome!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, glueing the dots was a bit time consuming! Thanks Chrissie :)

      Delete
  7. That card is glorious Esther. Wow! Such commitment and patience you must have sticking all those dots. Oh and your nails look amazing too!
    Great to see you again at Less is More.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very happy with the nails, lol. Bright coral in real life! *happy face*
      Thank you very much for the lovely comment xx

      Delete
  8. What a fabulous dotty card (and nails)! Love the zesty colours....they look so happy and bright, I am sure that Lucky will love it. Such a great project to support. Thank you so much for joining us at Less Is More and for all of your support for the challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sarah! I'm really enjoying the challenges :)

      Delete
  9. The most gorgeous colours and so beautifully done. Lucky I am sure will love it x and lucky too you kept the dots to use again x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous and happy dotty card - perfectly placed dots too!
    I'm sure Lucky will be pleased to have it, what a nice thing for your company to do.
    Thanks so much for joining us this week.
    Anne
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow-this is so bright and cheery - how lucky you had those dots! Never thought to layer up the sentiment die, I might try that although I doubt it would look as neat as yours, I do think the CB word dies are fab.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linby! I definitely want more CB dies. The wishlist is ever-growing :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...