Happiness is a handmade card

Pages

1.4.16

Less is More recipe challenge - polka dots - card 3

A third and final card for the Less is More weekly challenge that for this week involves making a CAS (clean and simple) card using polka dots.




I wanted to create a loose but sophisticated feel, so I printed a grid of very pale grey circles from my computer onto linen card stock, and then used a Ranger Perfect Medium brush tip pen to do uneven 'splodges' into the circles. I heat embossed the splodges in Ranger super fine detail gold embossing powder.

The sentiment is from Clearly Besotted, layered four times for extra dimension using a Sakura glue pen.

The linen panel is popped up off the linen card base using foam pads.

Check out the Less is More blog if you want to play along with the challenges each week!

24 comments:

  1. Another great card, so clever how you've created your dots. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely comment Karen x

      Delete
  2. Wow a stunning card - I'm learning to try and leave all this white space and your cards are inspiring

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Fiona, that's really nice of you!

      Delete
  3. Love this Esther,the gold dots and black sentiment look so classy ☺ Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Viv! Lovely to see you here again - I really appreciate your visits xx

      Delete
  4. Crikey you really were on a roll here Esther, yet another fabulous design!
    I love them all!
    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chrissie! Having a week off work makes all the difference :p xx

      Delete
  5. Love how you did this,looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Aileen! The Ranger super fine detail embossing powder did a fantastic smooth and metallic surface. I was really happy with it.

      Delete
  6. Elegant, classy and super CAStastic! I adore this one Esther.
    Thanks again.
    Sharon xx
    Less is More.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a gorgeous and beautiful CAS card x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely and CAS, those gold polka dots just pop out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Clever way to mark out your dots Esther - another classy card here!
    Thanks so much for joining us this week.
    Anne
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a gorgeous CAS creation so very stylish.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  11. I missed this during the polka dot week, Esther, but still want to say GORGEOUS! Love the gold and black color combo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kay! I've not done much with gold before but I think I do like the colour combo now I've tried it :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...