Happiness is a handmade card

Pages

13.6.16

Fathers' Day card

I had such fun making this Fathers' Day card. I'm definitely going through a grey and orange stage at the moment!


I cut a panel from linen cardstock using the largest sized die from Lawn Fawn's Large Stitched Rectangle Stackables and stamped it with Distress Ink in Hickory Smoke and the My Favorite Things Distressed Stripes Background stamp. I then cut a matching stitched frame using the largest die from Lawn Fawn's Stitched Rectangle Frames and glued it down with Anita's Tacky Glue with precision nib.

The stars were cut from grey and blue cardstocks using Sizzix Framelits 657567. I also cut the word "thanks" from linen effect cardstock using the Altenew "thanks" die. I inlaid the word and a small star into the large star to create a level base layer for another "thanks" and small star to be glued on top.

The word "thanks" was coloured with a distressed effect using the direct-to-paper technique and Ripe Persimmon Distress Ink.

Finally, I created a card blank by scoring and folding more linen effect cardstock and stuck the panel to it using double sided sticky tape.

Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

  1. I've only just reslised I can click on the image to enlarge it! Now I can see that 3D 'thanks' the way I thought it must look. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...