Happiness is a handmade card

Pages

19.6.16

Less is More #281 - faux bleach - card 2

I couldn't resist making a second card for this week's challenge at Less is More! I love the faux bleach technique.



This time I used Kanban Mirri card stock in silver as a panel. I dabbed Alcohol Inks in Pearl Mixative and Silver Mixative all over the base and then heat embossed snowflakes on top. I then dabbed Alcohol Inks in Mermaid, Indigo and Eggplant over the top. The embossing was then removed by ironing the panel in a sandwich of printer paper until the embossing had melted and absorbed into the top layer of printer paper leaving empty space behind on the panel. I cut the panel using Lawn Fawn's Simple Stitched Hillside Borders and mounted it onto a card base made from Neenah Solar White card stock using foam tape. The sentiment was stamped and heat embossed in Ranger Super Fine Detail Embossing Powder in silver.

I bought the snowflake set and sentiment set off a Facebook group and they came without packaging. If anyone knows who they're by, let me know and I'll edit the post. 

Thanks for stopping by!




18 comments:

  1. Stunning! Wow! What a beautifully vibrant Christmas card this one is Esther. Those cool blue shades are perfect for the super snowflakes. The alcohol inks are great fun to play with, aren't they? Thanks so much for joining us again at Less is More.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do love AIs :) Thanks Sharon xx

      Delete
  2. A new technique to try! Thank you for sharing the technique. Love deep blues, a lovely Christmas card X

    ReplyDelete
  3. So effective, I love those rich blues. Not got any alcohol inks but this technique looks such fun!
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AIs are really fab to work with :) Thanks Anita x

      Delete
  4. Stunning! Thanks for sharing a technique that is new to me. I love these colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh WOW this is amnother terrific make with such a vubrant feel this time!
    Thanks again!
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! I'm thinking you like this technique Esther! Fabulous use of faux bleach and oozing class! Loving all the depth of blues and shimmer here. Just perfect. Thanks for playing along at Less is More this week. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow l love this the effect is perfect for snowflakes

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the blues in his fab Christmas card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I must break out my alcohol inks and have a play - it has been ages! This technique is perfect for a flurry of snowflakes, Esther - fab design! Great to see you at Less is More with 3 creations :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...