Happiness is a handmade card

Pages

19.6.16

Less is More #281 - faux bleach - card 3

Third and final card for this week's challenge over at Less is More! They're using the faux bleach technique to create CAS (clean and simple) cards and I just had to use my favourite version of this technique, as demo'd by the amazing Dyan Reaveley, before stopping! 



I used hot press watercolour card for the base and panel. I sprayed Dylusions Ink Spray in Black Marble onto the top right corner of the panel and rolled over it with kitchen paper to blot off the excess, then gave it a quick waft with my heat tool. I then repeatedly stamped the leaf spray from the My Favorite Things Funky Flowers stamp set in Ranger Archival Ink in black and again took the heat tool over it. Then I used a fine point water brush to lift the colour out of the leaves, leaving paler areas behind. Another quick waft with the heat tool and then I used a dry paintbrush to add Dylusions Ink Spray in Pure Sunshine onto the bleached areas, giving a dull gold effect.

The sentiment is from the Clearly Besotted A Little Sentimental stamp set. I stamped it in Ranger Perfect Medium and heat embossed in Ranger Super Fine Detail Embossing Powder in gold. Finally, I put a dotted line of embossing along the base of the panel using Lawn Fawn's Stitched Borders. The panel was mounted into the base using foam tape.

Thanks for stopping by!


24 comments:

  1. Smokin' hot Esther! The black and golden colour combo is so classy on this card and I love that you managed to get a few splatters in (from last week's theme). Lovely to see a 3rd entry from you at Less is More. You were on a roll.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I loved the effect when I saw Dyan do it and thought it would make a great card for anyone who likes "un-fussy" cards like a few of my friends xx

      Delete
  2. Just discovered your blog when visiting the Less is more blog.
    Saw some really beautiful work!
    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous collection of cards, Esther ! I love all your entries to LIM this week - I love the iron off technique it's very effective.
    Elane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, super effective removing the bleach and recolouring with a different shade. Love the fine splatterings here, and this would make a great guy card too. Thanks for all your fab entries to LIM this week.
    Anita x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anita! Dyan does this technique so well... she has the magic touch! x

      Delete
  5. Wow...how cool...I gotta try this. Terrific inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. so elegant. this is fab. great card, hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another beauty. I love these techniques!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Crikey, you really went to town this week Esther, this isyet another stunner. Love this effect!
    Thanks as always
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did get a bit carried away :p Thank you!

      Delete
  9. Hey! This is awesome Esther! So effective and a wonderful and unique take on the challenge. Totally stunning as ever! Thanks for playing along at Less is More this week. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all three cards but think this one is my fav.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A very striking card, cool effect

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  12. My goodness, so many techniques in one post. Love them all. Your addition to the design team is well deserved.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...