Happiness is a handmade card

Pages

11.6.16

Less is More one layer card challenge - splatters

This week, the Less is More challenge is to create a one layer card (OLC) featuring splatters - but it still has to be clean and simple (CAS)! 

I wanted to make something with quite bold colours, so I went for a striped layout. I have a vague idea of using this, or something like it, for a Fathers' Day card.





The stripes were created by masking strips using Post-It Tape and inking the blank space with Distress Inks. I left the inks to dry naturally with the masking still in place before over-stamping with a splatter stamp. A sentiment at the bottom and rounded corners completed the card.

Ingredients:
Neenah Classic Crest Card in Solar White
Distress Inks in Pumice Stone and Ripe Persimmon
Ranger Archival Ink in Jet Black
Versafine ink in Onyx Black
Specks stamp from the Cracks & Specks set by Stampers Anonymous
Sentiment from the A Little Sentimental set by Clearly Besotted

If you'd like to play along with the Less is More weekly challenges, visit the blog.

Thanks for stopping by!


18 comments:

  1. What a fantastic design! I like the tall format for it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a striking design perfect for a masculine card! Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so LIM and I love the fabulous red stripw filled with splatters
    Suzi B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a terrific design. This is a great idea for a Fathers Day card. I really like the way you incorporated the splatters!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Another stunning design. Perfectly masculine, bold, CAS and delicately splattered to perfection. Love it and thanks again for playing along at Less is More. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a really innovative way of incorporating splatters Esther, very CAS and great for a chap too!
    Brilliant!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great take on the challenge and would be good as a FD card too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linby! Yes, I thought it looked quite FD-ish when I was done :)

      Delete
  8. I had to click on this from the challenge, the picture on the challenge link is so small I questioned the splatters, came to your blog and thought BRILLIANT!!!!! GREAT take on the splatters!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks Michelle, that's really nice! It took 5 attempts (you wouldn't believe the problems I had with 'bleeding' inks!) but I do like how it turned out in the end :)

      Delete
  9. Terrific masculine card, Esther. Really classy and I love these colours. I always struggle with guy cards but this kind of design is a winner. And a genius way of adding your splatters too!
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...