Happiness is a handmade card

Pages

23.7.16

Less is More week 286 and 287 - Tactile

Hi everyone! We've got a two week challenge over at Less is More, the clean and simple challenge blog. The challenge this time is to create cards that are tactile, which means they should include something you can experience through touch. But remember, they also need to be clean and simple, so not too many layers and with some empty space.

The possibilities are so exciting - I can't wait to see what you all come up with for this one!

Card 1





For my first card I made a fence by cutting up lollipop sticks and staining them with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. For the grass I used nail art velvet flocking, sprinkled and then pressed down over a grass-shaped patch cut from a double sided adhesive sheet. So soft, so fuzzy! 




Supplies:

Clearly Besotted Best Friends stamps and dies
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
Promarkers
Lollipop sticks
Vintage Photo Distress Ink
Double sided adhesive sheet
Nail art velvet flocking
Colorset card in Lime
Linen effect white card

Card 2



My second card uses Pinflair Ice Diamonds for a snowy effect on the holly and inside the picture frame. You just add a good layer of wet glue, sprinkle a thick layer of Ice Diamonds over the top, gently shake off any excess and then leave it all to dry. 




Supplies:

Card-io Combinations Crystal Globe stamp set (tree)
Woodware JGS180 Winter Wonderland (sentiment)
Versafine Onyx Black ink
Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle Frames
Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations Holiday Greens
Distress Inks in Tumbled Glass and Evergreen Bough
Sakura Quickie Glue Pen
WOW Opaque Bright White Super Fine Embossing Powder (on trees and hill)
Pinflair Ice Diamonds

Card 3




For my final card, I used Xcut Xtras Adhesive Fabric Sheets, coloured with Distress Inks, stamped with images using Memento Tuxedo Black (flowers/leaves) and Versafine Onyx Black (sentiment), and die cut into the pieces I wanted before being assembled. The fabric has a fantastic canvas texture to it, slightly rough and very touchable!

Supplies:

Heavyweight 300gsm white card stock
Xcut Xtras Adhesive Fabric Sheets
Lawn Fawn Large Stitched Rectangle Stackables
My Favorite Things Funky Flowers stamps and dies
Distress Inks in Mowed Lawn, Worn Lipstick and Dusty Concord
Clearly Besotted A Little Sentimental
Memento Tuxedo Black ink and Versafine Onyx Black ink


Remember to check the rest of the DT blogs for some gorgeous inspiration pieces!

Anita - Neet and Crafty
Chrissie - Simply One of a Kind
Sarah G - Funky Fossil Designs
Sarah P - Sazzle Dazzle Crafts
Sharon - From my Craft Desk
Susan - BlueFogStudio


Thanks for stopping by!

30 comments:

  1. Wow! You were on a roll this week Esther. Your. First card reminds me so much of that fuzzy felt we used to have as kiddies - so much fun! I love that you used fabric on the third card - that was a clever idea. But....that Christmas card has stolen my heart. It is STUNNING, STUNNING, STUNNING and just oozing sophisticated elegance and class. Such a dreamy and relaxing scene you created. Have a fantastic week.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sharon, you too! xx

      Delete
  2. Did you print the shadow on the first one? Or was it lighting? Makes it really 3D. These three show how very good you are at a wide variety of styles! Is your craft room full of cards??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The effect is just the lighting, though the fence is very 3D in real life! And yes, the craft room is rather full now. I have a large box stuffed with cards... and getting fuller by the week!

      Delete
  3. These are all terrific Esther, but I have to say that the second one is breathtaking, the colours are so subtle and just beautiful!
    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yet again, Esther, such diverse and wonderful creations. Loving the dimension on your first card, the flock and the lollipop sticks look great for your scene on the linen background...but I agree with my fellow teamies, I'm blown away by your Christmas card. I love everything about it. So subtle and gorgeous and I love the feeling of peace you've created xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these cards! I especially love the second one. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh Esther!!! this cards are amazingly gorgeous, goodness my dear, just gorgeous!!
    Love the "grass" on this cute little "wild" scene you created, your second card is a Winter Wonderland dream come true, simply stunning and the third one left me wondering if this fabric you used is the same I used for my card, absolutely beautiful.
    I'm off to pin, pin, pin!!
    Thank you for sharing.
    Hugs,
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely comment Maria! Have a fab week xx

      Delete
  7. Stunning designs, Esther! The lollipop sticks and felt effect grass are genius on your first card and as others have said, your Christmas card is just beautiful. Lots of tactile inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cards are beautiful, but particular love your technique with the grass...it turned out perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Esther - I'm blown away by your beautiful blue card especially. Thank you for always commenting on my blog - it doesn't give me the option to reply I don't know why but I love reading what you write. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Esther, Wow! such lovely cards and the grass technique is amazing it looks so real. I really appreciate the comment love you left on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, three real beauties! Love them all! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow what a fab selection of cards here Esther! I love the great grass effects on the 1st card, the 2nd one is so soft and pretty.....my eyes were glued to it!the 3rd one is super too, looks like you have been very busy again ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just love your Christmas card, that hint of blue green with the ice effect is yummy x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Esther you're a star talent! Love these designs and so sorry it's taken so long to comment ... little holiday got in the way. Your first one is oozing cuteness to the max and love how you've created the grass! Awesome! Straight over to the chilly Christmas scene with even more glam texture and your floral beauty to finish. Love them all! Just fabulous! Hugs Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sarah! Hope you had a fab time away! x

      Delete
  15. Three beauties! Love the sweet lion and zebra, beautiful, snowy scene and the pretty flowers!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...