Happiness is a handmade card

Pages

21.8.16

Thanks card

I decided to CASE this inspirational card by the amazing Therese Calvird at Lost in Paper. Isn't it a beauty?

Here's my version.




I kept the background stamping quite soft by doing second generation stamping in grey ink (see below). An ombre inked sentiment popped up on fun foam, a contrasting black sentiment and five clear adhesive gems completed the look.

Second generation stamping

For those of you who haven't yet come across this, it's where you ink up your stamp, then stamp it off once onto scratch paper and then stamp it again onto your project. The first stamping removes much of the intensity of the ink, softening the original colour. It's great for making an unobtrusive background. The ink I used is a dark grey and would have made the background too busy for my liking if I'd used first generation stamping. Second generation stamping is also a fantastic technique to use for creating distance. For example, you can stamp a tree in the foreground of your project and then stamp again to one side, overlapping slightly, and a bit higher up. This creates the illusion of a tree that's further away in the distance. Repeat this a few times and you have a forest! This technique works with all sorts of stamped images so have a play with it and find out how it could work for you.

Supplies:

Heavyweight 300gsm white card stock
Kaisercraft Butterflies stamp set (CS854)
StazOn Stone Grey ink
Altenew Thanks Die (1018)
2mm white fun foam
VersaColor pigment ink in Canary, Marigold and Orange
Mama Elephant Labeled Messages stamp set
Versafine Onyx Black ink
Papermania Adhesive Stones Silver (PMA351409)

Thanks for stopping by.

10 comments:

  1. I really love this Esther. I am not so into so much stamping on one card but you really make this work, it has popped an idea into my head for a DT card. Is it o.k to CASE this if I get chance? Thanks for info on second generation stamping also, fab explanation x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sandie! Yes, feel free to CASE it. Do take a look at Therese's original if you get a chance as she goes with a stronger background and bolder colours which also works really well. Thanks again for your lovely comment :) x

      Delete
  2. Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog, Esther! And wow – what a gorgeous card! I love the orange/yellow color combo – absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card Esther and I love that colour combo too. Thanks for the lovely comments as ever, you are so kind ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Esther, I CASEd it, thanks so much for the inspiration, here is my post...I do give you credit!

    http://sandiesandie16.blogspot.co.uk/2016/09/time-out-challenges-66.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your card Sandie, absolutely fantastic! x

      Delete
  5. WOW! I've just come over from Sandie's blog where she credits you for her beautiful case and I can certainly see why! Gorgeous! I see that yours is a case of Therese's, whose is a case of Lisa's...evidently, this is rapidly becoming a 'classic'! If it's okay, may I case yours as well at some point? I'll for sure give you credit!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Carol! Feel free to CASE and do send me a link when you do so I can leave you some comment love :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...