Happiness is a handmade card

Pages

10.9.16

Less is More week 293 - favourite flower

Hi everyone! The challenge this week at Less is More is to make clean and simple (CAS) cards that include your favourite flower. It's also one layer week so remember to keep your cards to one layer and minimal embellishments. (Guess who forgot it was one layer week and had to start again?!)

Card 1

For my first card I went right back to school! I would doodle flowers while listening in classes. Believe it or not, it helped me to stay focused and take in more info!





These flowers are from the Card-io Majestix set Sweet Birdhouse. You stamp the main flowers/leaves in one colour and then stamp the outlines in a contrasting colour, or black, deliberately mismatching the shapes for a loose, hand drawn look. You definitely don't want to use your MISTI for this!

Supplies:

Heavyweight 300gsm white card stock
Lawn Fawn Simple Stitched Hillside Borders and post-it notes (for a curved mask)
Card-io Majestix Sweet Birdhouse stamps (flowers)
Lawn Fawn Jump for Joy stamps (sentiment)
Distress Ink in Milled Lavender
VersaColor inks in Peony and Boysenberry
Versafine Onyx Black

Card 2

My second card uses a vintage rose from Altenew which is one of my favourite floral sets.



I masked and stamped the rose and three leaves, using my MISTI for placement and good ink saturation. I then cut away the right hand side of the card, fussy cutting round the edge of the rose. A strip of black and silver metallic washi tape on the inside of the card emphasised the edge of the rose and echoed the silver of the sentiment.

Supplies:

Heavyweight 300gsm white card stock
Altenew Vintage Roses stamp set
VersaColor inks in Olive, Evergreen, Charcoal, Peony, Amethyst, Boysenberry and Grape
Inkssentials Watermark Resist
Ranger Super Fine Detail Embossing Powder in Silver
Little B self adhesive tape in black and silver


Remember to check out the other DT blogs for some fab cards and inspiration:

Anita - Neet and Crafty
Chrissie - Simply One of a Kind
Sarah G - Funky Fossil Designs
Sarah P - Sazzle Dazzle Crafts
Sharon - From my Craft Desk
Susan - BlueFogStudio
 


Thanks for stopping by!

30 comments:

  1. Loving both of these, Esther. Mismatching always makes me feel nervous, I like things lined up, but I really must give this a go as it looks fab! And your rose card is just gorgeous. I love that washi with the silver sentiment, I keep forgetting about that lovely sentiment in the rose set! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That mismatching on your first card gives such a fantastic vintage look of old screen printed material Esther. The chopped edge with the washi and fussy cut part of the flower is gorgeous and so perfectly CAS. Two crackers of cards there! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both of these Esther, they are wonderful. So clever with the washi tape amd the first card I was sure you had done coloured card stock. Looks brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the loose look of your doodle stamped flowers on the first card and the curved mask is so effective for creating a layered look! The Altenew rose is just beautiful and I shall be 'borrowing' the idea of cutting away the edge :) Great ideas and designs as always x

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2 fab cards but that 2nd one is awesome xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your doodled flowers are fantastic Esther! Really need to be brave and try the off-set outline stamping as it looks so right on trend! The strip of washi sets your rose off to perfection and what a neat and fun addition to an olc! X

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too will be borrowing the cut-edge idea. Fabulous cards. Very clever curved shape on card one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 2 perfectly CAS cards and I love the design elements you added.
    Ooh, I never thought of using my hillside borders as a mask - i'll definitely have to try that out.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the childish like style of the flowers along with masking that adds interest. Classy card!
    Your second card is amazing, love how you made the inside part of the outside design, how clever!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful CAS cards, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Terrific designs! Love your idea for the second card...really makes a one layer card special!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW, both cards are so fantastic. I love doodle flowers and off set stamping.
    And I like the black and silver stripe on the edge. It pops up this beautiful flower.
    I also want to thank you for your beautiful comments on my blog. I appreciate them. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You're very welcome - I really like your cards :)

      Delete
  13. Time flies and I'm a little bit late to comment but as usual your cards are very beautiful Esther ! I love the CAS style you gave them ! The rose on the second one looks so real and the black and white stripes are just the final touch ! it is just stunning ! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely comment Izzy!

      Delete
  14. Your cards are amazing! So clean! I always struggle with one layer ones ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...