Happiness is a handmade card

Pages

17.9.16

Less is More week 294 - diamonds

Hi LIMettes, welcome to another challenge with Less is More! This week we want you to make clean and simple (CAS) cards with a theme of diamonds. Ready, steady... craft!

Here are my two takes on it.

Card 1




For this card I used Post-It notes to mask off an area of the card and heat embossed the remaining space with a Darkroom Door background stamp (DDBS006 Harlequin) in clear. I then used an embossing pen to loosely cover the clear embossing, and heat embossed again in white. I like the slight shadow effect this double embossing gives. I stamped and heat embossed and die cut a flower and stem from the My Favorite Things Funky Flowers set, and used foam pads to raise the flower and trap a twist of 0.4 mm jewellery wire underneath it. The stem was glued flat to the card. The sentiment is from Mama Elephant Labeled Messages and was stamped in VersaColor ink in Charcoal, then cut out by hand and raised on foam pads.

Card 2




This card has a galaxy background done in Distress Inks in Seedless Preserves, Dusty Concord, Salty Ocean and Black Soot. I then stamped and heat embossed a Hero Arts background stamp (CG616 Tiny Star Background) in silver. On a separate sheet of card, I printed a computer generated sentiment in a cool font called Always Here and cut the sheet down to the size I needed for my panel. The panel and galaxy background were die cut to fit each other using My Favorite Things Inside and Out Stitched Circle Stax, and then adhered to the card base. 


The rest of the DT have some awesome cards on their blogs for you to peek at, so do head over and take a look:

Anita - Neet and Crafty
Chrissie - Simply One of a Kind
Sarah G - Funky Fossil Designs
Sarah P - Sazzle Dazzle Crafts
Sharon - From my Craft Desk
Susan - BlueFogStudio
 

Thanks for stopping by!

14 comments:

  1. Two knockout cards from you Esther! Love the subtleness of your first card. I've never come across that particular type of double embossing technique before - the finished effect is sensational. You had me fooled on your second card....I thought it was a particularly velvety type of black ink you used but my jaw dropped when I read the actual inks. What an amazing galaxy sky they create. Have a wonderful week xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sharon - you too! xx

      Delete
  2. You have created two inspiring beauties for this week's challenge, Esther! I love the textures and elegant design of your first card and the depth of colour you created on your starry background for the second is fabulous - it looks as if I could step in to it :) Have a great weekend x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah! Hope you have a fab weekend too x

      Delete
  3. How do you want us to challenge with those beauties ! ;-)) Two very clever illustrations of the challenge theme ! I love both of them for their delicacy ! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Izzy! Please DO enter... I know you'll make something really beautiful! x

      Delete
  4. Two very different and super clever CAS takes on diamonds Esther. Your subtle BG diamonds on the first on with such elegant focal elements is a total stunner and the inky blended night sky is so so beautiful. A wonderful combination of colours. Fantastic. Have a great week. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah! Have a lovely week yourself x

      Delete
  5. What perfect cards as usual! Just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm loving that embossing effect on your first card, so effective, and the expanse of white is so elegant. And wowzers, what a fabulous depth of colour you achieved with your Distress Inks! So fabulous with the silver embossing xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very beautiful cards! So clean!
    The first one is so soft as a feather. Like contrast of the crisp white base with dark galaxy circle.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...