Happiness is a handmade card

Pages

1.10.16

Less is More week 296 - Turquoise and Lilac



Hi everyone! Happy World Card Making Day! The challenge this week at Less is More is to create clean and simple (CAS) cards using the colours turquoise and lilac.

But first, a big thank you to our October sponsor, Dies to Die For!



Card 1




For my first card I used the ink smooshing technique to create a background on a panel cut from heavyweight 300gsm white card stock with the largest of the Lawn Fawn Large Stitched Rectangle Stackables. The Distress Ink colours are Shaded Lilac and Dusty Concord. I then stamped and die cut elements from My Favorite Things Beary Special Birthday using Neenah Solar White card stock and Memento Tuxedo Black ink, and coloured them using Promarkers as well as a silver metallic pen for the smaller ribbons. The large ribbon was covered with a Ranger Perfect Medium bullet pen and then heat embossed using Ranger Super Fine Detail Silver Embossing Powder. The bear was adhered directly to the ink smooshed panel, and the smaller presents were raised using foam pads. The sentiment was stamped using Versafine Onyx Black ink.

Card 2



This card was so quick and simple to make, perfect for bulk card making or a set of notecards. I cut a top panel of heavyweight 300gsm card stock, and used one of the Lawn Fawn Stitched Hillside Borders to create a stitched opening across the length of the panel. Using my MISTI I stamped a sentiment from Clearly Besotted A Little Sentimental onto the upper piece of the panel with Versafine Onyx Black. I then cut a piece of designer paper (plain black circles on a white background) from the Docrafts Papermania Capsule Collection by Jesse Edwards. I used Promarkers in Lilac, Turquoise and Cobalt Blue to colour random circles. I then assembled the designer paper and two parts of the panel on a heavyweight 300gsm card stock base. Easy! 


For more inspiration, take a look at the challenge gallery and also head over to the other DT blogs where there may be some extra cards as a bonus!

Anita - Neet and Crafty
Chrissie - Simply One of a Kind
Sarah G - Funky Fossil Designs
Sarah P - Sazzle Dazzle Crafts
Sharon - From my Craft Desk
Susan - BlueFogStudio

Thanks for stopping by!

18 comments:

  1. Love the super splotchieness of your cutie-pie teddy card Esther. You've got some perfect shading on those presents and that bear's face - awesome! Your funky circle panel is incredible. Such a fantastic example of CAS design.
    Hope your week is wonderful.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colouring combined with the perfect splotchy background on your first card - that bear is so cute. You should link him up at CASology for this week's challenge! Colouring the circles on the patterned paper to go with this week's colour combo is inspired - such a simple idea but it works brilliantly. Have a great weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Esther, your bear is so cute and perfect for this challenge. Also, love your modern design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two beauties Esther. love that little teddy and present scene as soon as I saw it! So effective against the smooched BG and coloured perfectly in lilac and turquoise. Your second one had me thinking it was design paper as is but can't believe you've coloured those circles to match the challenge. So clever and a fab idea - inspiring. Have a good week. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sarah! You too x

      Delete
  5. You will always amaze me Esther ! Your cards are just outstanding ! what a beautiful splatter behind the little adorable bear ! My daughter was watching with me and she also adores it ! And your second card, so delicate with those curves ! I love so much your CAS style ! Thanks for sharing and for inspiring me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment Izzy! x

      Delete
  6. Such an adorable card with a fabulous, grungy BG and great colouring of the images! Also love your CAS card version - very eye-catching!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cards are so great!love the ink smooshing background, I'm a sucker for background. The cute bear looks so pretty on it.
    And I'm always smitten by your clean and simple cards. So perfect and stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome cards Esther! That first one is simply adorable. That water colored background is super...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely fantabulous, Esther! I love the little bear when I first saw it, I love that little set and your smooshed background looks fantastic. And what a genius idea for your second card, I'm sure I have some black and white patterned papers somewhere, I'll have to remember this tip and give you credit when I customise them! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely comment Anita! xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...