Happiness is a handmade card

Pages

15.10.16

Less is More week 298 - incy wincy spiders/insects



Hi LIMettes! We have an interesting challenge for you this week at Less is More. We'd like you to make clean and simple (CAS) cards that involve spiders or insects. Perfect for Hallowe'en!


If, like me, you're wondering what you've got in your stash for this one, I did a quick Google search for what counts as an insect. Turns out it's a large family! The most likely ones to be found as stamps are:

  • Butterflies
  • Moths
  • Bees
  • Wasps
  • Stick insects
  • Ants
  • Dragonflies
  • Grasshoppers
  • Flies

I decided to go with butterflies, but this challenge has reminded me I need to get some bee stamps.

Card 1

A simple grey panel over a white base, with gold embossed butterflies cascading down. To keep it CAS, the butterflies are spaced much further apart as they get towards the bottom of the panel.


Supplies:

Heavyweight 300gsm white card stock
Vanguard Dark Grey card stock
Lawn Fawn Simple Stitched Hillside Borders die
My Favorite Things Snuggle Bunnies stamp set (sentiment)
Kaisercraft Butterflies (CS854) stamp set
Inkssentials Watermark Resist ink
Ranger Super Fine Detail Gold Embossing Powder
Versafine Onyx Black ink

Card 2

I love creating semi-formal cards, so these framed butterflies with the slightly grunge sentiment were a joy to work on.


Supplies:

Heavyweight 300gsm white card stock
Kaisercraft Butterflies (CS854) stamp set
Altenew Crisp Dye Inks in Morning Frost, Evening Grey and Moon Rock
Hampton Art 7 Gypsies Molto Bello stamp set (sentiment)
Versafine Onyx Black ink
My Favorite Things Rectangle Peek-A-Boo Window die

The rest of the DT have some gorgeous inspiration cards at Less is More and there may be some extra cards on their blogs too, so do take a look and leave them some comment love :)

Anita - Neet and Crafty
Chrissie - Simply One of a Kind
Sarah G - Funky Fossil Designs
Sarah P - Sazzle Dazzle Crafts
Sharon - From my Craft Desk
Susan - BlueFogStudio

Thanks for stopping by!

26 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous, Esther. I very rarely use grey but it's so classy, love it with the gold. And so glad you've got that window die too, isn't it great?! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anita! I'm so in love with the window die! It's the perfect size, perfect lines, everything <3

      Delete
  2. Class in a glass! (as we used to say at school). You always pull off such incredibly elegant designs Esther, and it is great to see a post where all the cards colour coordinate too. The slick design of those glorious gold butterflies is breathtaking. But that font on your second card...ooooh! That font!!! It is sensational. The fading butterflies are beautiful and you've given me serious stash envy with those stitched dies. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahaha! I hadn't realised they colour coordinated, but you're right! Can you believe it's the first time I've used the 7 Gypsies sentiment stamp? #ashamed But yes, I love the font! Thanks Sharon! xx

      Delete
  3. Both are beautiful and elegant, Esther! Love the gold butterflies and sentiment on your first card and the second card is timeless with the ombre trio of butterlies and beautiful sentiment. I am going off to find that stitched die - looks great. Have a fab weekend x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sarah! I do think the stitched window die is going to get a lot of use :) x

      Delete
  4. Esther both cards are stunning , the second is def my favourite xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the stitching on all your cards. I used to add it by hand when I last made a card. A die is much better and both these look great. My fave is the top one, maybe. But difficult to choose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I do like the look of stitching :)

      Delete
  6. Two fab cards Esther. A lovely choice of colour palette, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are super classy, chic, sophisticated and make insects look so beautiful Esther.
    Loving your peek-a-boo die with the stitched detail and what fantastic sentiments on both cards.
    Have a great week. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sarah, you too! x

      Delete
  8. great cards Esther. loving the monochrome one. the rounded cut off on first one creates an interesying background, hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW Esther ! Your cards are just.... breathtaking ! So soft and elegant ! I love them ! I particularly love the sentiment on the first card, so beautiful ! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ever so much! You are very kind :)

      Delete
  10. Two very beautiful and elegant cards. The second card is my favourite - love those 3 different shades of butterflies. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your cards are amazing. Cannot pick favorite, both are so stunning and perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...