Happiness is a handmade card

Pages

22.10.16

Less is More week 299 - use vellum or acetate


Hi LIMettes, welcome to another weekly challenge with Less is More, the clean and simple challenge blog! This week, we want you to make cards that use either vellum or acetate. I'm looking forward to seeing your creations!

Card 1



This card is for friends who are expecting their first baby. I couldn't resist the combination of soft Distress Inks in Squeezed Lemonade and Spun Sugar with a heat embossed sentiment floating over the top of the curled flower petals on a curved band of acetate.




Supplies:

Heavyweight 300gsm card stock
Linen effect card stock
Lawn Fawn Large Stitched Rectangle Stackables
My Favorite Things Stitched Flower Dienamics
Distress Inks in Spun Sugar and Squeezed Lemonade
Heat resistant acetate
Clearly Besotted 'Fancy Sayings'
Clearly Besotted 'A Little Sentimental'
Inkssentials Watermark Resist ink
WOW! Super Fine Detail Embossing Powder in White

Card 2


I recently got hold of the My Favorite Things Cool Cat stamps and Dienamics. How cute is this kitty peering longingly through the window at the goldfish? I have other plans for this set too, so watch this space!



Supplies:

Heavyweight 300gsm white card stock
My Favorite Things Classic Window Dienamics
My Favorite Things Cool Cat stamps and Dienamics
Acetate
Promarkers
Versafine Onyx Black ink

Remember to check out the other DT creations and participant entries on the Less is More blog, and leave them some comment love. Thanks for stopping by!

28 comments:

  1. Oh I'm loving these, Esther. Those gently inked flowers are so pretty and a great idea for a baby card. I always reach for baby themed images but this is a great idea. And who has die envy now?......me!!! I want that window die now :D What a cute little kitty scene. Great creations once again, teamie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I think the window die is going to be really useful... couldn't resist it! xx

      Delete
  2. Your first card is so delicate and airy - the sentiment on acetate is an inspired touch! Like Anita, I have die envy over that cute window die. I bet it is really versatile and can't wait to see what else you have up your crafty sleeve, Esther :) Have a fab weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both cards, fab use of the acetate and love love the window die,
    Sarita x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've rocked this challenge again Esther. Your floaty sentiment on the first one is so inspirational and clever. Simply stunning and the adorable little kitty looking through the window at the fish bowl is just beautiful, superbly coloured and super duper CAS too. Love them both. Have a great week. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your colouring skills are what give me envy! They're both beautifully executed :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love them ! I love when I open a post to see the presented card and instead I find two or more cards ! It's a real gift ! Your first card is a real beauty, so soft and so delicate ! And what a great idea the sentiment on the acetate, it softens even more the whole card !
    I ADORE this lovely funny furry kitty ! I love cats anyway ! Mine is too big (7 kg !) to do that ! I also love windows and doors dies ! Thanks so much for sharing !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You leave such lovely comments Izzy, thank you so much! Your cat must be huge, wow!

      Delete
  7. I couldn't see the acetate on the first one! Great idea to make the sentiment float. Love that sweet second card, beautiful colouring. Thanks for your lovely comment on my card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful work yet again Esther, your stamping on the acetate is simply fabulous!
    Chrissie xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ever so much Chrissie! xxx

      Delete
  9. What a great way to use acetate...never thought of using it as the banner. Just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both cards are so cute! I think the first one is my favorite with the floating sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two fabulous cards, love the pretty flowers on the first so delicately coloured and the floating sentiment is so clever. The second such a fun card lots hope the cat doesn't get its paws on the little fish this one really made me smile. Both so beautifully crisp and clean.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous cards Esther! I love the baby card, the whole design and embossed sentiment are so pretty and the little kitty card is adorable! I love the window die too, I must get me one of those too! LOVE it :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lorraine! I'm so pleased with the window die and can see it being useful for a lot of future projects :) x

      Delete
  13. I always love seeing your cards Esther. The flowers are so delicate and pretty and the cat card is brilliant. The placement is perfect and so is the colouring. Both beautifully CAS

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a sweet baby card and love the floating sentiment too Esther.Love that cute kitty on the second one also, great colouring skills too...and yes I also might NEED that window die too lol ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tee hee, sorry for being an enabler! It's a fab die though! Thanks so much for the lovely comment Viv xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...