Happiness is a handmade card

Pages

16.10.16

Mama Elephant Whale Wishes card


Hi everyone, I've got a Design Team card to share today that I made for the Seven Hills Crafts October colour challenge


I decided to use the peacock feather as my colour inspiration. 



I inked a panel of heavyweight 300gsm card stock with Distress Inks in Chipped Sapphire, Faded Jeans, Broken China, Salty Ocean, Evergreen Bough and Pine Needles. I splattered it with water and blotted this off to create the look of bubbles.

I then used the partial die cutting technique with two dies: My Favorite Things Inside & Out Stitched Circle STAX Dienamics and the wave from Mama Elephant Whale Wishes dies to create a shaped aperture. I used my MISTI to stamp the wave stamp accurately on the die cut wave edge.

A small panel of card stock was inked with Black Soot, Chipped Sapphire and Broken China Distress Inks and small dots for stars added with a silver metallic pen. I stamped and die cut the whale and checked where it would be positioned before stamping and clear heat embossing the water spout and water droplets on this piece of card.

Before assembling the card, I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment and water droplets in silver on the main panel. Everything was then glued together using a mix of adhesive tape, wet glue and foam pads.

Thanks for stopping by!



8 comments:

  1. Wow! Just stunning. Love your 'sea' background and the clever use of dies.
    Thanks for popping by my blog and leaving a lovely comment, and ta for the embossing tip too.
    I will try that out. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love your card Esther ! Normal, I love everything about sea ! It is so beautifully made ! What a great idea to use a partial die cutting and it is so effective ! Your water background is gorgeous and the sky one even more with all those tiny stars ! Thanks for sharing and above all inspiring !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seen your card in the newsletter from Seven Hills Craft and I think it is wonderfull card.
    Really like how you used the distress colours on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ever so much! That's very kind of you :)

      Delete
  4. The color inspiration you used is fantastic! I would make this choice as well. Stunning colors.
    You created an incredible card! The background is just wow. Great design too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...