Happiness is a handmade card

Pages

19.11.16

Less is More week 303 - vintage cards


Hi LIMettes! New week, new card making challenge. This week at Less is More, we're asking you to make Clean and Simple cards with a vintage theme.

Regular readers will know I love using embellishments... more is more, as far as I'm concerned... and it's been a steep learning curve to go clean and simple. So while I'm thrilled to have such a fab theme this week, I've had to be really careful not to go back to my old habits! Hopefully you'll think I've succeeded!

Card 1


I created an emboss resist background strip using Distress Inks in Old Paper (base layer), Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain (top layer) and Black Soot (edges). The emboss resist is a Darkroom Door background stamp, DDBS005 French Script, stamped in Inkssentials Watermark Resist.

The bird is from the Papermania Nature's Gallery set PMA 157252 3D Birds, and the sentiment is the Clearly Besotted set Fancy Sayings stamped in Versafine Onyx Black.


Card 2


This card uses the Hero Arts Color Layering Christmas Tree for the Christmas tree and sentiment, both of which are stamped in VersaColor pigment inks. I masked the tree and die cut another mask in a hill shape using Lawn Fawn Stitched Hillside Borders. Using Tumbled Glass Distress Ink, I lightly inked a hint of sky. The reindeer is from a set of four from The Works, which I inked up with Distress Inks in Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain. The red card is a lovely heavyweight one from my stash.



I'm looking forward to seeing your creations in the Less is More gallery! Remember to get your entries in by Friday 25th November 10 pm GMT. If you head over to the blog, there are more inspiration cards from the rest of the Design Team, and often some extras on their personal blogs too.

Good luck, and thanks for stopping by!

17 comments:

  1. Ooh these are vintage CAS beauties! Love the reindeer die! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are so elegant and achieve the perfect balance of CAS and vintage, Esther! I love the emboss resist on your scripty background on the first card and I shall have to check out those reindeer at The Works :) I hope you have a fab weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful vintage cards here Esther,love the sweet little bird and text and the Xmas one and deer is so lovely too ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab-u-lo-so! You nailed CAS vintage Esther. Lovely techniques, especially the embossing resist, and beautifully balanced colours too. Oh my! It is a steep learning curve isn't it? I still want to throw the kitchen sink at all my cards and have to rein in every week. You just seem to glide along, adding a touch of sparkle or a tiny embellishment so that no-one would guess you find some of the week's hard. Keep up the a,axing work xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *amazing (didn't have my glasses on! Soz)

      Delete
    2. Thanks Sharon! That's really nice of you :) xx

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous cards Esther!

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your cards Esther ! I've never been a fan of Vintage style since for me it is synonyms of too "loaded" ! But I discovered with LIM new challenge that Vintage can also be CAS ! And you perfectly showcase it with your two cards ! A new lesson for me ! thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two super stylish cards, Esther. I LOVE that emboss resist strip, perfect script for those colours too, it just works so well. And inking up the reindeer was a great idea, and the red base just adds so much class. Gorgeous cards as always and your photo staging is fantastic! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You totally nailed CAS vintage card and didn't go overboard with embellishments at all.
    Beautiful and perfect cards!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...