Happiness is a handmade card

Pages

10.12.16

Less is More week 306 - Outlines


Hi LIMettes, welcome to another card making challenge at Less is More, the clean and simple challenge blog! This week, we want you to make cards with a theme of "outlines". How you interpret that is up to you!
Just the one card from me this week due to ridiculous workload and illness - promise I'll make up for it next week!


I used My Favorite Things Bundle of Blossoms background stamp and inked it up with Adirondack inks in Eggplant, Sail Boat Blue and Purple Twilight. After masking a circle in the centre of the card base, I stamped it. Next I used a My Favorite Things Inside & Out Stitched Circle STAX Dienamic that was slightly smaller than the masked circle and used the embossing with dies technique to imprint the stitching and cut line without actually cutting anything out. Finally, I stamped the sentiment from Mama Elephant Make a Wish set in Versafine Onyx Black.

Remember to check out the other DT blogs too, where they may have some extra cards for you, and thanks for stopping by!

26 comments:

  1. This gorgeous card is packed with inspiration, Esther! Love the different tones on the floral background and stitched embossed central panel. I hope things calm down for you a bit this week x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just the right colors on those outlined flowers. Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Esther: First of all, I hope you are taking care of whatever illness you have, it's not fun to be sick, specially during the Holidays, sending lots of healing ~~~~~ for you.
    Second, your card is gorgeous, love how you sponged those soft colors, just beautiful.
    Going to give this challenge a try.
    Big hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun and classy idea Esther, super elegant and lots of clever techniques too. Sorry to hear you've been poorly and hope you're on the mend soon and things a little calmer for you this week. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully done. I can see this kind of design being sold in shops along with a coloured pencil so people can do mindful colouring (!) of their own birthday card after receiving it. Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card...love how you inked up your background in various colors...terrific idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, Esther, I hope you are on the mend :( I'm loving your card, the centre is so effective with the masking and debossing...and what do you know, I added this very background stamp to my wishlist just last week! Love it xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You won't regret it! Thanks Anita xx

      Delete
  8. Esther... i love love love this.... stunning effect
    hope you feel better soon
    Jen xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this challenge, it's given me so many ideas. Your card is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card it reminds me of the cover of colouring books! Hope you feel 100% soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really beautiful, love the whole design xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brilliant card for this week's challenge Esther,I love it ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! It's amazing! Love your multicolor background. And how smart you used this background stamp!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...