Happiness is a handmade card

Pages

17.12.16

Less is More weeks #307 and #308 - Children


Hi LIMettes, and welcome to another challenge with Less is More, the clean and simple card making blog! This challenge runs over two weeks as we know you'll have lots on over the Christmas season. This time, we're asking you to make cards with the theme of children.
Card 1



My first card was so much fun to make! What better way to release my inner child than with some finger stamping? I inked up my thumb with Adirondack dye inks in Purple Twilight, Eggplant and Sail Boat Blue and stamped onto a heavyweight card stock base. Next I used a black pen to turn them into birds by adding beaks, eyes, tail feathers and legs, and coloured the beaks and tails with my Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pens. I added a grounding shadow at the same time. Finally, I stamped, coloured and die cut party hats for them from the My Favorite Things Beary Special Birthday stamp set and matching Dienamics. Being naughty birds, they all swapped hats with each other... isn't that just like kids at a party?!



Card 2



My next card features the adorable Best Friends stamp set from Clearly Besotted. I wanted to create a BFF (Best Friends Forever) card that a child could give to their friend. I stamped, coloured with Promarkers and die cut the cat and dog, popped them on to a pink circle die cut with My Favorite Things Inside & Out Stitched Circle STAX Dienamics, added it to a card base and stamped a matching sentiment from the Best Friends set.



I'm really looking forward to finding out how you interpret the "children" theme! Remember to get your entries in by Friday 30th December 10 pm GMT. If you pop over to the Less is More blog, you can see some DT inspiration cards to get you started, and there are links to the their personal blogs where there may be some extra cards as a bonus.

I hope you all have a lovely Christmas and best wishes for a happy, fulfilling and crafty 2017!

Thanks for stopping by :)

18 comments:

  1. These are both so sweet, Esther! I really love your finger stamping - it is so fun and quirky. The party hats are the perfect finishing touch :) The Clearly Besotted puppy and kitten are really cute too. I hope that you have a fabulous few weeks over the festive period x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Switching their hats is a blinder! Hope your fingers got clean :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Esther ! This is a genius idea ! I really love how you interpreted this challenge and the result is so stunning ! Before reading, I was wondering how you succeeded to make such fluffy feathers ! Once again I remain amazed with your cards !
    Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So clever, fun and inspirational Esther. Your finger printing idea is just the cutest and perfect for the challenge. Then again I can't resist those little furry buddies all cuddled up. Simply fabulous for the challenge. Have a great week. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing and inspiring. You helped me create http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2771125?&cat=500&ppuser=19220

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love what you did, so bright and festive <3 Thanks for letting me know!

      Delete
  6. So cute!!! Love your fingerprint card. It's hilarious!
    And the second is so adorable!
    Great job of making cards with children in mind!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such lovely cards as always here Esther, great idea using fingerprints for the first one and such cute kitties on the second one too. Hope you had a lovely Christmas and all the best for 2017 also ;)hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Viv, and the same to you! xx

      Delete
  8. Finally found time to visit some blogs, pre-Chrimbo was completely bonkers!
    Loving these, Esther. Your fingerprints were a great idea, so inventive with the added detail. And the little best friends is great for a children's card. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and I can't wait to keep working alongside you next year xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry I am sooooo late visiting Esther, I have had a manic Christmas season with no time for blogging!
    Wowzers! Totally in love with your fingerprint card! Perfect colour choices and the doodling is pristine. Made me giggle about the swapping hats as my kiddies used to do that all the time. The BFF card is such a sweetie too with a really cute image. xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...