Happiness is a handmade card

Pages

7.1.17

Less is More week 310 - Ombre


Hi LIMettes! I think you'll like this week's clean and simple card making challenge from Less is More. We're asking you to use ombre in your cards. There are so many ways of doing this - I can't wait to see what you come up with!

First though, a big thank you to our January sponsor, Happy Little Stampers!



Card 1

For my first card, I've used pink card stock blended with Worn Lipstick Distress Ink to create an ombre effect on the top panel. I cut it to shape using a My Favorite Things Stitched Basic Edges Die-namic and then popped it up with foam tape. The bottom panel is stamped with sweeties from Altenew Way Too Sweet, which is also where the sentiment came from, and coloured with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pens.


Card 2

My second card uses the Hero Arts Color Layering Goldfish stamped in Versacolor pigment ink (Canary for the bottom layer and Marigold/Orange together for the top later). The sentiment is from the same set. The ombre water is inked with Mermaid Lagoon Distress Ink and splattered with water for a bleached water droplet effect. The circle is cut with a Sizzix Circle Framelit.


That's all for this week, but remember to check out the other DT inspiration on the Less is More blog, and there may be some bonus cards on their personal blogs too.

Thanks for stopping by!

24 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Esther ! I really love both of your cards ! I love the colours of these sweets and the nice ombré you gave to the top panel ! Your second card is my favourite, since I love this stamp set from Hero Arts (it's been on my wish list since last year !) and it pops up so beautifully over the gorgeous ombré water you've made ! Love your CAS design for both of them ! Thanks for sharing and inspiring !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two beautiful cards again this week, Esther! It is a clever idea to use the ink on the top of the card panel to create the ombre look and the pinks and purples look gorgeous together! I love that fish too - beautifully stamped and the ombre background sets it off perfectly :) Great examples of CAS ombre!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year Esther! what beautiful Ombre creations here too.Love the soft pinks on the first and that sweet little fish on the second one. Sorry I am so late commenting, still not feeling great with this flippin' cold! hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Esther your cards are just perfect. Your ink blending is flawless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab cards, the second one looks 3d - great work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 2 stunning and beautiful examples of ombre Esther. Love the floating sweeties too on the first one but I think the goldfish has to be my favourite. Ombre on both BG and the fish looks spectacular. Thinking of you this week. Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two beautiful cards Esther love the luscious pink on the first with all of those sweeties positively scrumptious. The little fishy is resplendent in the beautiful ombre blue.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  8. 2 lovely makes Esther, I love the first one! the colors are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are just brilliant Esther! Stunning blending of that gorgeous colour on the sweetie card and what a fab set of stamps those are. I adore the quirky goldfish! The splattered ombre background for it really has a wonderfully watery feel and the sentiment is superb too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super creations once again, Esther. The top layer with your Worn Lipstick ink is beautifully blended and I love the sentiment along that edge. And your little fish is gorgeous. Great watery background and perfect in the complementary colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving the stitching on the sweets card. And the saying. Beautifully made, both cards.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my.. the blending on the first card is superb!! It's just unreal!
    Love the second one too, this fish is adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...