Happiness is a handmade card

Pages

14.1.17

Less is More week 311 - one layer cards - Favourite Drink


Hi LIMettes, and welcome to a new challenge with Less is More, the clean and simple card making challenge blog. This week, we'd like you to make One Layer Cards (OLC) featuring your favourite drinks!

I've had to cheat a little bit, as I don't have many stamps or dies for drinks, and I don't really have a favourite either!

Card 1

My first card uses a champagne bottle and glasses from a Card-io Majestix Combinations set. I masked the first glass before stamping the second, and coloured the scene in with my Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pens. The sentiment is from Mama Elephant Labeled Messages.



Card 2

So card 2 is where I messed up... yes, it happens! I forgot it's One Layer Cards week and added some die cuts. Here's what I came up with:



The sentiment was computer generated, and the stitched border and hearts are from My Favorite Things Blueprints 29.

And here's the new version, done entirely by computer to get the same look but in one layer!



This time I used the largest of the Lawn Fawn Large Stitched Rectangle Stackables, positioning it off the edge of the fold, to get a stitched border in a single layer.

As always, take a look at the Less is More blog to see some more DT inspiration and remember to check their individual blogs as there may be some extra cards there. I'm looking forward to seeing what you create for this!

Thanks for stopping by!

16 comments:

  1. Two fabulous and elegant cards, Esther. Love the champagne image and your coffee card looks very cool, with and without die cuts! I hope you have a great weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards...I'm glad I'm not the only one who makes mistakes with the one layer card :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan! I was kicking myself!

      Delete
  3. Two great cards Esther ! The champagne one is perfect for January and the New Year wishes ! I love the second one and I was looking for the mistake......I didn't find it till I read further ! You know what, I prefer it with the die cut ! But yes you had to follow the challenge theme ! Have a nice crafty WE and thanks for sharing !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that's very interesting to see the versions side by side. I prefer the 'mistake' one, or maybe it's just the comparison here that makes the computer one look flatter. But both are beautiful designs. As usual!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too - the computer one *is* flatter, being one layer. I prefer the dimension of the die cuts!

      Delete
  5. Simply spectacular as ever Esther. The champagne glasses and bottle are just so neat, masked and coloured to perfection. Oh dear I'd never have guessed you'd missed the OLC requirement on the second one ... maybe I should clean my glasses! CAS-tastic and brilliant. Hope you have a good week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous white space on both of these, Esther. The wine card is so versatile, lots of occasions and male or female. And I love your cute little hearts, both versions are fantastic xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant! You are human too! I think it is great when we 'fess up to our mistakes, but that digital card you created is just amazing Esther. Incredibly clean lines and a wonderful layout too. The wine card is just fab and what an amazing sentiment....think that'll go on my wanted list. So sorry that I am incredibly late commenting this week, but I have been so, so busy behind the scenes. Hope you forgive me xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon - and I hope you get some well-deserved R&R at the weekend! xx

      Delete
  8. Two lovely cards Esther,glad I am not the only one who makes mistakes with a one layer card lol. Sorry you had a family bereavement too, hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Viv <3 I hope you're doing as okay as possible in the circumstances xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...