Happiness is a handmade card

Pages

21.1.17

Less is More week 312 - New Beginnings


Hi LIMettes! Our challenge this week at Less is More, the clean and simple card making challenge blog, is to make cards with a theme of "new beginnings". I've got two cards for you today.

Card 1

My first card is for a friend who has just moved house. New house, new area of the country, new lifestyle! I used Mama Elephant Home Collection Creative Cuts to die cut one house from watercolour card spritzed with Dylusions in Lemon Zest, Pure Sunshine and Squeezed Orange. The other houses were cut from plain white card stock. The border is done with a Lawn Fawn Stitched Borders die, and the sentiment is from Clearly Besotted A Little Sentimental. I mounted the whole panel on a sheet of coordinating card stock.



Card 2

My second card uses a piece of a vintage map. I was lucky to pick up a few from the 40s and 50s in an online sale. I die cut a shaped aperture from a panel of white card stock using a My Favorite Things Stitched Basic Edges Die-namic and adhered a piece of map underneath to show through. The sentiment is from Clearly Besotted A Little Sentimental.



That's it for this week, but remember to check the Less is More blog for more DT inspiration, and as always there may be a few bonus cards on their personal blogs too.

Thanks for stopping by!

20 comments:

  1. Two great cards, Esther. I love the sunny colours on your first card, I very rarely reach for yellow and orange so you've inspired me to use these. And those maps were a great find, what a great addition to your card xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a happy card for a new home move Esther! Those dylusions look so rich in their vibrant colours and anything zesty always grabs my heart. I adore the map card! What a brilliant find and a really creative way to use it too. Well done! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh SNAP! I almost used those Mama Elephant house dies! Forgot until I'd made my card but love how you've placed that bright and cheery coloured home in the middle, with matching coloured card base. Super CAS and super cute. You map and card is simply fabulous and a brilliant idea for the challenge. Again beautifully crisp, CAS and elegant. Have a great week. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pop of warm yellow/orange on a grey January morning, Esther! Such a fun and crisp design. I so want some old map papers so I am very envious of your beautiful second card :) Have a great weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your map card is just a terrific idea. So creative to use the vintage map! I have to remember that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt like such a vandal cutting into it :( But I do need to use them in future for art journalling so it had to be done!

      Delete
  6. I love this sweet little house card-adore the little coloured one in the middle of the white one. I am struggly with a baby card but this has sparked an idea for me...hope I can manage to develop this...thanks for the inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great Sandie! So happy you've had a breakthrough x

      Delete
  7. Hi Esther, thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a lovely comment.
    Love your cards. The new home card is great in orange - such an uplifting colour and perfect for your friends new lifestyle. Your map card is genius. The shape reminds me of those old fashioned world maps. Brilliant!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much - that was exactly what I had in mind with the shape so I'm delighted you spotted it! Have a good week x

      Delete
  8. Two great cards Esther ! Love the bright colour of your new home card, full of joy and hope for a new beginning ! And what a clever idea to use an old map as pattern paper for this kind of theme ! You will always surprise me ! thanks for sharing !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment Izzy!

      Delete
  9. The use of the map is inspiring. Also love the new home card with the one house adding a pop of color. It's the kind of design I find really appealing. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two clever cards Esther, great idea to use a map too ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...