Happiness is a handmade card

Pages

28.1.17

Less is More week 313 - Balloons


Hi LIMettes! It's Saturday and that means a new challenge with Less is More, the clean and simple card making challenge blog. This week, we'd like you to make a card featuring one or more balloons!

Card 1

My first card uses the balloon set from My Favorite Things Beary Special Birthday, stamped repeatedly and coloured with Zig Clean Color Real Brush pens. The blue strip at the right side is also done with a Zig. The top panel has been edged with stitching using a Lawn Fawn Stitched Borders die. The sentiment is from Mama Elephant Make A Wish.



Card 2

My second card also uses My Favorite Things Beary Special Birthday for the main image and sentiment, but with a completely different look and feel. I love how versatile this set is! The bear was stamped and coloured using Promarkers, and then mounted in a panel die cut using My Favorite Things Stitchable Dot Circle STAX Die-namics. 



Do check out the main Less is More blog for more DT inspiration, and there may be some extra cards on their personal blogs too. Remember to get your entries in before Friday 3rd February at 10 pm GMT!

Thanks for stopping by!

20 comments:

  1. Ahhhhh! Such an adorable bear Esther! I can see why you love this set. I think the stitchable dot circles behind it look amazing and your colouring is super. The vibrancy of those ballons on your first card is wonderful. Ha ha! I can almost see the little kiddies (I'm imagining them just off camera underneath your card) who let go of their balloons and let them float away. Such a brilliant card. Hope you have a fab week xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that little bear and he looks great paired with those dotty circles (another to add to the wishlist!) This set was the one I reached for first but you beat me to it so I had to go in search of something else, it's such a versatile set and you've showcased that brilliantly xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww no, always use what you want! You would do something utterly brilliant and different anyway <3 I do love those dotty circles xx

      Delete
  3. I love the colour combo on your first card, Esther - so vibrant and that bear is a cutie but it is the dotted circles that really caught my eye - a great way to add interest to a focal point! I hope you have a great week x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah! The dotted circles have proved so useful and versatile x

      Delete
  4. Aww-dorable cards! I have both the MFT and ME sets and they are great for making birthday cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally vibrant and fun on the first one Esther ... love how you and Sarah G have used the same sentiment set - I've got that too and pfffft! Couldn't use mine this week!!! LOL! Your little bear holding his balloon is the sweetest thing. Gorgeous CAS BG and stunning colouring. Have a great week. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you can use it! I think it's fun seeing all the different takes people have on the same set - like with new releases and every card is different even thought the stamps are the same... go for it! Thanks for the lovely comment x

      Delete
  6. Love the bold sentiment on the first card, and the little bear on the second card is sweet! Two great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cards are just perfect. I just got that stamp set and am dying to use it! You gave me some great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The sentiment on the first card really makes it because it's so much part of the whole design. The blue stripe just holds it all together - fab design. Love your second card and I'm with Sarah who said the circles catch your eye and add so much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW ! I love them ! What a bright and happy card with these coloured balloons ! I love the great white panel covering them and this bold and big sentiment ! A perfect final touch with the blue strip on the right side ! Just stunning ! Your birthday bear card is so adorable ! I love the dotted circle die you used for the background, it gives movement to your card ! Just Great ! Thanks for sharing and for inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two beautiful cards Esther, love the bright coloured balloons on the 1st one and that cute little bear on the second one is so adorable.Thank you for all your lovely comments also, you always make my day ;) hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...