Happiness is a handmade card

Pages

4.2.17

Less is More BIRTHDAY celebrations and week 314 - colour wheel


Hi LIMettes! It's Saturday and that means a new challenge over at Less is More, the clean and simple card making challenge blog. We're using three adjacent colours from the colour wheel.

This week is the start of our birthday month (woohoo!) and we launch our new look blog and logo. Do check it out and let us know what you think :) We've also got a treat for you. There will be one sponsor per week guest designing and offering a prize throughout February to celebrate our birthday! 


This week our sponsor is Happy Little Stampers, and guest designer Kylie has a lovely card for you so do head over to the main blog to leave her some comment love.

Card 1


For my first card, I used the ink smooshing technique to create a strip of Dusty Concord, Seedless Preserves and Picked Raspberry Distress Inks on my card base. I then used My Favorite Things Absolutely Fabulous to die cut a panel which I popped up on foam tape over the base. Finally I die cut several more "fabulous" from dark grey card and one from white card, glued them together and added them to the panel so that the dark grey card adds a distinct shadow and depth.

Card 2


My second card uses a stencil (My Favorite Things Concentric Circles Grid) and Distress Ink watercolouring in Stormy Sky, Tumbled Glass and Evergreen Bough to create a background. Extra splatters of Stormy Sky add a distressed look. I stamped, coloured with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pens and die cut a My Favorite Things Snuggle Bunny and popped him over the background. Then I stamped a sentiment from My Favorite Things Make Yourself at Home, and added a hand drawn line.

That's it for this week but I'm looking forward to seeing your creations in the gallery - good luck!

36 comments:

  1. Two very different cards but both equally fabulous. That smooshed background is incredible and I love how it looks paired with the white die cut overlay. And the bunny....just adorbs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely fabulous for sure Esther! love the depth of colour you've created with smooshing on the first one - my attempts at that always go a bit wishy washy but you've cracked it with a stunning outline too. Your bunny is so brilliantly coloured on the second one and that stencil is one of my go to ones too. Love it. Have a great weekend and thanks for everything. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was the first time I'd used the stencil... but I love it now! Thanks Sarah xx

      Delete
  3. They are both super cards and so different. I absolutely love the first card! I do like the shadow effect on the die cut word. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This really pops Esther, I love the colours and the design is just fab!
    Thanks for being such a supportive and creative member of the awesome LIM team. I couldn't have taken a step back without girls like you to carry on the good work!
    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So lovely to have you back with us for this week Chrissie! Thanks for the lovely comment xx

      Delete
  5. Love the smooshed card. The colours are so great together. Your second card is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Smoosh-spectacular! What an incredibly eye-catching card that first one is Esther. Those colour tones make the bright white card look even brighter. It really is sensational. Your second card is so delicate with that watery background and such a wee cutie of a bunny. Fabulous work again. Have a great week xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sharon, you too! xx

      Delete
  7. Terrific cards...love that no line coloring, looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. GORGEOUS cards!! Love them both!! The first one is so cool. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm with Sharon - they are both eye-catching and spectacular. The grey card for shadow depth is a stonker of an idea too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that artsy smooshing at the top of your first card - it looks really rich and sets of the crisp white perfectly! The second card is so sweet too and shows off your watercolouring skills, Esther. More inspiring makes. Thanks for all you do for us at LIM too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sarah! I think we all make an awesome team together x

      Delete
  11. I love your 'smooshing' card but have fallen in love with your bunny - he is so cute and both he and the background are beautifully coloured. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous cards Esther ! I love your smooshing technique card, the absolutely pops up so terrifically and what a great idea to mount the fabulous white die cut over black one to create a shadow ! Thanks for the tip ! This bunny card is also so cute and I love this Circle grid which reminds the wheel of colours of the challenge ! Thanks for sharing and for inspiring !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Izzy! Yes, the colour wheel was what made me think of that stencil :)

      Delete
  13. Two gorgeous cards, Esther. I love the splash background and white die cuts on the first. On the second, your stencilled background is lovely and makes a great background for the cute bunny, fab designs.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this idea!!! That splash of colors are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two beautiful cards, love the colour combo of the first one,
    Sarita x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both of these designs are amazing. The hand drawn line you've added to your second card really makes the whole card come together, it's amazing, what a great trick! i must remember this. Thanks for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love how you manage to use the ink smooshing technique and keep your card so beautifully CAS...absolutely adore it. Such a cute and adorable second card x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Two fab cards Esther...but that cute bunny....awww ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I really love the Snuggle Bunnies set :) xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...