Happiness is a handmade card

Pages

4.3.17

Less is More week 318 - Teal


Hi LIMettes! We've made it to the weekend and a new clean and simple card making challenge with Less is More. This week, we'd like you to use the simply beautiful colour of teal in your cards. 
As always, as it's the start of a new month we have a sponsor to announce and this time it's the fabulous Dies to Die For.





I needed a wedding card for a friend, so without further ado here's my first card.



I loosely stamped the background stripes using My Favorite Things Distressed Stripes Background in VersaColor Celadon. I then splattered two co-ordinating shades of green and teal over the top, and added a light splattering of metallic silver.

The floral spray is from Altenew Botanical Garden, cut with the matching die and watercoloured using Zig Clean Color Real  Brush Pens. 

The sentiment is from Altenew Vintage Roses, stamped and heat embossed in silver and die cut using an Avery Elle Pierced Banner Layer Elle-ments and popped up on foam pads.

I liked the effect of this card so much I made another similar one, this time using Uniko Originally Organic Additions, gifted to me by a very lovely person. It was a wonderful surprise when it turned up!


I stamped and heat embossed the leaf heart in gold, then added flowers. They were watercoloured with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pens. I inked the centre of the heart lightly with Cracked Pistachio Distress Ink and layered up the panel with some teal card stock. The sentiment is from Clearly Besotted A Little Sentimental, die cut with a sentiment strip from Avery Elle Pierced Bannel Layer Dies.

That's all from me this week... have a lovely weekend all of you :)

22 comments:

  1. Oh what a swoon worthy post Esther. Lots of stunning elements and detail yet totally CAS. Those stripes and splatters to the first one are so so subtle and create a wonderful effect to the elegant balloon. Superb watercolouring. AND Oh my you've worked your magic with the Uniko set too. Love it, hmmm think I might have to grab that idea of inky blending the centre of the image. Super cards as ever and have a relaxing weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sarah! You too x

      Delete
  2. These are both so pretty, Esther! I love the subtle stripes on the first card and you have created a completely different look with the uniko heart - which I am sure that I will 'borrow' :) Beautiful inspiration for a Saturday morning. Have a great week x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of these cards are lovely. The background on the first card really compliments your image perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Those subtle stripes on your first card are gorgeous Esther and they provide the perfect backdrop for that beautiful bloom. <3 <3<3 the second card so much. It is stunning, incredibly elegant and stylish. Love how both cards look super crisp clean and bright. That combo of colours is my all time favourite too. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine too, at the moment! Thanks so much Sharon xx

      Delete
  5. Fantastic cards! I love the delicate effect of your first card so elegant. I've just bought the Uniko stamp and thanks to you I have a brilliant idea to go with it!
    Thank you for the very kind comments you have left for me - they are always appreciated.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elaine! It's so good to have you as our guest designer this week x

      Delete
  6. This colour combo is just gorgeous, Esther. I love those distressed stripes and the splatters on your first card, they set the stem off beautifully, as does the curvy banner. And you've really inspired me to get inky with that Uniko set now, and the double frame looks so stylish too xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful color combo! I especially love the artsy background of your first card and the layered, yet CAS, look of the second!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous cards Esther.

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  9. They're so lovely! Great touch with the background on the first one. Very love the wreath too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous cards Esther ! This teal theme enables to see so gorgeous projects from everybody ! I love your addition of purple, both colours match so beautifully together ! What an awesome card for your friend's wedding ! The striped background is superb, I'm sure they will love this card ! Love also what you did with the Uniko floral heart ! Another gorgeous inspiration ! thanks for sharing and for inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww thanks so much for the lovely comment Izzy!

      Delete
  11. Stopping by to take a another look at your first card. I'm not sure I appreciated the delicate stripes on the background, the first time...they look so amazing and loving the splats too. Both such pretty and delicate cards, thank you so much for the inspiration x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...