Happiness is a handmade card

Pages

11.3.17

Less is More week 319 - one layer cards with leaves


Hi LIMettes! It's time for our new clean and simple challenge at Less is More. This week, we'd like you to one layer cards featuring leaves.
My card is pretty simple, but that's the joy of working with the Concord & 9th Lace Leaf set... it really does seem effortless.


I stamped the large leaf, then inked up the matching background stamp using Distress Inks. I lightly spritzed the stamp with water and mopped the edges, then stamped it slightly offset over the large leaf. Once the card base was thoroughly dry, I added some black splatters to ground the image more, and stamped the sentiment from the same set.

Short and sweet! It's a brilliant set to use and one that I really recommend for anyone wanting a good general purpose set for most occasions and all year round.

That's all for this week - see you next time!

18 comments:

  1. Every time I see this set from Concord and 9th used it edges further up my wish list! A beautifully elegant CAS design, Esther - I love the way the watercolour effect stamp helps create the effect. I hope you have a great weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes the stamp set is great...as is your card. Love the pretty colours you have used x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like how the colour emerges outside the so-called line of the leaf - loose and arty. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful Esther, dreamy, elegant and a perfect idea for the leaf challenge. I keep seeing that awesome leaf stamp around blog land and like Sarah says ... it's moving up my wish list too!!! LOL Have a great week. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So gorgeous, Esther. It's on my wishlist too, I think every stash needs this set! Love the colours you chose here too, just perfect xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terrific card. I've got to just learn to let go and and use this technique...I'm still much too controlled! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an impact that leaf has Esther! The structured lines of the leaf contrast so beautifully with the loose, arty matching background stamp. Brilliant idea to offset that slightly. Yes - this stamp set is moving up all our lists now! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW ! Gorgeous card Esther ! It must really be a stamp set to have since all the cards you made with it are just stunning ! So many things already on my wish list ! What a beautiful background you made for this leaf, I love it ! Thanks so much for sharing and inspiring !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the lovely comment Izzy!

      Delete
  9. Pretty card and such great stamping and colouring too Esther.Another lovely card ;) hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...