Happiness is a handmade card

Pages

18.3.17

Less is More week 320 - Washi

 

Hi LIMettes! New week, new clean and simple card making challenge at Less is More. This time we'd like you to make cards that feature some washi tape.
I needed a card for a friend who was entering her first personal fitness competition. She's been training hard several times a week, mostly at silly o'clock in the morning, and shown so much commitment. I'm really in awe of her focus on that goal. I thought a card would give her a boost and show some appreciation of her amazing character!


I stuck a strip of black and silver washi tape to the left side of the card. I then stamped Neat & Crafty Time Warp in vibrant colours of Distress Ink onto a panel and mounted it over the base. The sentiment is one of the two available from Mama Elephant Botanic Hello, heat embossed in white and die cut with an Avery Elle Pierced Banner Layers Elle-ments.

This was a really quick card to make, but perfectly suits my friend's outgoing and fun personality. Hope she likes it!

Thanks for stopping by :)

14 comments:

  1. Great stamp, Esther and I love the cool pops of black from the washi and sentiment! I am sure that your friend will love this fun design. Have a great weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your design here Esther and it's certainly got the wow factor with your gorgeous colourful stamping. Neat and CAS use of the washi tape and I hope your friend loves this as much as we do. Have a good week x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this happy card. The use of black really makes such a dramatic statement. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the subtlety of the coloured radiance! The black contrasts so well with it. Nice one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know why but I find it hard to incorporate washi tape into my cards...I feel that it is hard to blend with the rest of the design...but the way you have done it is absolutely perfect!Love it!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, me too! I rarely use it, but I guess it's good this challenge forced me out of my comfort zone (shiver). Thanks for the lovely comment :)

      Delete
  6. Love how you mixed the stamp with the washi tape, looks very professional.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing explosion of colour in that Neet and Crafty stamp Esther, it is a brilliant way to draw the eye in. Fab sentiment too. Good luck to your friend. I'm sure your card will give her the boost she needs. xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...