Happiness is a handmade card

Pages

8.4.17

Less is More week 323 - one layer cards - Curve


Hi LIMettes and welcome to a new clean and simple card making challenge with Less is More! This week it's one layer cards and we want you to feature a curve. 
We've got a fab card this week from guest designer Dawn Phillips of Auroracrafts so do go and leave her some comment love!
Here's my first card with a curve in the sentiment :) 



I went for a really simple design, using two flowers from Altenew Wild Hibiscus stamp set and masking one of them to create some depth. After stamping the sentiment from Altenew Beautiful Quotes stamp set, I used a Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pen to add a light blue watercolour background. I debated colouring the flowers too, but loved this black and white look too much to add any more colour! I rounded the corners of the card to add another curve. 



And my second card uses the lovely new Wreath of Roses stamp set from Lil' Inker Designs, watercoloured and splattered with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pens. The circle is cut with a Sizzix Circle Framelit and the Hello is from the same Lil' Inker stamp set as the wreath.



That's it from me, but as always there is some fab inspiration from my teamies over on the Less is More blog, so do check out their creations, and then get your entries in by Friday 7th April at 10 pm BST.

Thanks for stopping by!

26 comments:

  1. Two brilliant designs from you Esther! In awe of that amazing and dramatic first card. You were so right to leave the flowers uncoloured as it adds so much elegance to the card. Your sentiment is fantastic - never thought about incorporating the curve into the sentiment words. Bravo! Your second card is dreamy in the way the wreath is part-stamped onto the front. Another clever use of the sentiment on that one too. Have a fab week xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that Altenew stamp set and I love how you only added some subtle colouring to the background. Your second card is such a clever one layer card design with the stamping going off the edge and the peek-a-boo sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two beautiful cards, exquisitely photographed! Stunning.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. CAS at it's best....absolutely stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these cards, Esther, especially the first black and white Wild Hibiscus card. Great design and the perfect sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Esther, these are gorgeous. I love the uncoloured flowers on your first with that gentle wash of the background, so delicately done, with a great sentiment too. And your off the edge wreath was a great idea. And your photos are fantastic, I can't seem to get decent light anywhere, and my daylight lamp often overexposes the card. I'll keep trying xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anita! Lighting is tricky in my NE-SW angled house, but I've got a specific location, set up and timings in which I can grab a good shot - if I miss the timings, that's it until the next day. Talk about pressure, lol! xx

      Delete
  7. Two beautiful cards Esther. The first one is so CAS but stunning as is your second card. I've been tempted to get that wreath stamp from Lil' inker and even more so now! I've got a nice bright spot in my house where I take my photos too but like you say it's getting the timing right. I've even popped home in my lunch hour from work to take a photo!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true commitment, Wendy! Your photos are absolutely beautiful though, so I know it must be worth it. Thanks for your lovely comment x

      Delete
  8. Two such beautiful cards Esther, can't decide which I like best either lol ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm loving your cards...the black and white with a splash of color is really catching my eye. I've been making more cards with black and white and just love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan! Think B&W will feature more often now :)

      Delete
  10. Brilliant sentiment on the first card, they are gorgeous, both of them.

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  11. Total elegance and delight in both your cards Esther and I'm thrilled you decide to leave those flowers uncolored on the first one. That delicate blue wash in the background sets them off perfectly. Your off the edge wreath looks brilliant and a really clever way to show a curve. More gorgeous use of colour and splatters. Have a fun week. X

    ReplyDelete
  12. As always, such creative cards Esther ! What a great idea to use the cue word directly in your sentiment ! Love those black outlined flowers surrounded with this pale blue ! It makes such a sophisticated card !
    And your second card is also so gorgeous with this off the edge florals ! Two fabulous cards as usual ! Thanks for sharing and for inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two fantastic cards, I especially love the first one, the black and white look with touch of blue looks so modern!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...