Happiness is a handmade card

Pages

20.5.17

Less is More week 329 - Geometric


Hi LIMettes! New week, new clean and simple card making challenge with Less is More! This week we want you to make cards featuring geometric shapes.
Our sponsor this month is Uniko.





This week I've got three cards to show you.

Card 1



For my first card I used my MISTI to repeatedly stamp the two picture frames from My Favorite Things Make Yourself At Home. These conveniently feature rectangles and circles inside the square frames - just what I needed! I coloured them with Promarkers and added a sentiment from Clearly Besotted Fancy Sayings.



Card 2



This card uses a gorgeous raspberry panel underneath a white panel cut repeatedly with My Favorite Things Stitchable Dot Circle Stax. I love that this is circles in circle shapes - two for one! I used a sentiment heat embossed in white on black card from Mama Elephant Make a Wish, and added a thread tangle beneath it.



Card 3


My last card is probably my favourite. I had such fun using Brushos (Cobalt Blue and Orange) on a panel of scrap card stock and then cut it with Neat & Tangled Punchinella. I layered this up with other bits of card cut using My Favorite Things Blueprints 29, Sizzix Stars Framelits (657567), Altenew Birthday Greetings Balloon Die, Avery Elle Pierced Banner Layers Elle-ments, and some black thread. The sentiment is from Clearly Besotted A Little Sentimental.


That's all from me for this week. You can see the other DT cards on the main Less is More blog and there are sometimes extra cards on their personal blogs too. Thanks for stopping by!

24 comments:

  1. Wow, you're on fire this week, teamie! Loving all of this creativity! Not seen the MFT home set before and those frames were perfect for this...might have to add that set to my wishlist now :D Love the simplicity of your second with the pop of colour from behind. And what a fabulous brush panel, love it nestled between all those other fab elements. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, as Anita says, what a wonderful creativity ! Hard to say which one is my favourite, if any ! Love your first card with these repeatedly stamped frames, they make me think to the stained glass ! Really love your second card so CAS but for me still eye-catching. I remember a card you made with these die cuts and since, they are on my long wish list ! And your third card is just stunning with this gorgeous brushos panel, so cleverly die cut with repeated circles ! A very stunning design too ! Another week with creative and gorgeous cards from you ! Have a wonderful WE !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three fab cards, love the dotty circles and the Brusho panel.
    Thanks for having me GD this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie for being a fabulous guest designer!

      Delete
  4. You have definitely rocked geometric with these inspiring cards, Esther! Your misti stamping on the first card is perfectly crisp and aligned and I love those MFT circles on your second card. The brusho punchinella panel gives a fab artsy look to your third card on which you have combined layers and white space beautifully! Have a great weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards but it is the last one with what I thought was sequin waste at first. The layout is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your geometric cards are all so well thought and just absolutely pretty! I especially love the second card -circles in circles, just brilliant! The raspberry colored base card is so beautiful -I was just thinking today that I need to buy Copics for raspberry color and you are making me even more convinced about it! Your first design is perfectly gender neutral I think... And your third card with that fab brusho bg is brilliant! I love "CAS collage" cards but am still only learning how to make them look good. Yours is a stunner!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You never cease to amaze me, Esther. These are all wonderful geometric examples with so much detail and yet so beautifully CAS. Perfect image on your first card and so perfectly aligned and stamped. Great job with the MISTI. Love the fun design of your second and the nested thread is a nice touch. Your last card is gorgeous and I can see why it's your favourite. I have trouble using powdered inks. Fantastic Brusho work. Love these. Have a great WE.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All of these cards are beautiful. I struggled being creative with this one, but you did amazing...no struggles on your end :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, if you could only see behind the scenes...! Thanks Susan :)

      Delete
  9. Beautiful - the Brusho wins the day for me, simply because you managed the colours so brilliantly, but the cards are all super individually. Um, now you have to use the circles you cut out of the Brusho!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have the circles saved! How well you know me! x

      Delete
  10. WOW! Three great cards! I can't decide which one I like best, but the third one might be my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Three fab cards, I think the 3rd one is my favourite as I love the colours. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've done it again Esther; what totally amazing cards! I am in awe of your patience in repeatedly stamping on that first card. It must have been tricky doing all the lining up even with a misti. Super soft colour palette on that card too. Then you wow us with those glorious circles that convey such a sense of movement. The raspberry colour peeking through is a bit lush. Your final card is a CAS mix-media work of art. Wonderful use of the brushos. Too hard to pick a favourite from this lovely bunch xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...