Happiness is a handmade card

Pages

27.5.17

Less is More week 330 - shimmer


Hi LIMettes and welcome to a new clean and simple card making challenge with Less is More! This week we want you to make cards featuring some shimmer.
Our sponsor this month is Uniko.




This week I've been super busy, so I've just got the one card to show you.



I stamped the sun rays from Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Collection Bitty Grunge set (CMS089). Beneath this, I stamped a sentiment from Mama Elephant Botanic Hello using every colour of grey ink from Altenew Rock Collection Mini Ink Cube Set to create an ombre effect. I stamped, coloured with Promarkers and cut with the matching dies the heart with an arrow from My Favorite Things I'm Owl Yours, and covered it with Wink of Stella in Orange and Clear. I popped it under the sun rays on foam pads.


That's all from me, but if you head over to the main Less is More blog you can see all the other DT inspiration cards and there are sometimes extra cards on their personal blogs as a bonus too. Thanks for stopping by!

20 comments:

  1. Super little card, Esther. Love the ombre sentiments, must remember that one with my Altenew inks! Gorgeous shimmer on the heart and I love the way the sun rays draw your eye to it. Hope next week is less hectic for you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing card Esther ! This beautiful shimmery red heart pops up so gorgeously over the black sun rays ! And I love how you made appear the sentiment progressively byplaying with the different tones of inks ! So clever ! Love it ! I hope next week will be a calmer week for you ! For now, have a restful and beautiful week end !

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is terrific and I totally love this Esther! That was just genius to use all the colours of grey ink to create that ombre effect sentiment panel! Incredibly neat stamping and perfect spacing too. The pop of bright, shimmery colour in the heart is glorious and (you really are too clever!) adding the rays of the sun in black was inspired. Hope you get some time for yourself this week Esther - don't work too hard xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Sharon! xx

      Delete
  4. Oh my, I LOVE this, Esther! The grungy rays, ombre sentiment and pop of colour from the shimmery heart are a perfect combination. Such a fab design. I hope you get some crafty time over the long weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is so unique, I love it! Great layout, very imaginative use of sentiments and inks combined to this grungy Tim Holtz image and the shimmery heart just crowns it all! Wonderful work from you as always!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute card, Esther. Love the monochromatic design with the splash of red. And great idea to use those fab Altenew ink sets to create the Ombré stamped sentiment background. I just bought the Rock Collection inks myself. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh enjoy the inks! They're great colours and I've found I'm using mine loads. Thanks Trina :)

      Delete
  7. Fabulous, striking, and such a brilliant interpretation of shimmer too. Love that pop of red against the otherwise monochromatic shades and your ombre layered sentiments is such an inspiration. I'll have to log that one! Have a great weekend and hope it's a bit quieter for you next week. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this card. The repetition is just eye catching!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! This is an awesome card, Esther!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...