Happiness is a handmade card

Pages

1.7.17

Less is More week #335 - Country Flag Colours


Hi LIMettes and happy Saturday! It's the start of a new clean and simple card making challenge with Less is More, and this week we want you to make cards using the colours of your country's flag.


Our sponsor this month is Happy Little Stampers.



The guest designer this week is Kylie of Happy Little Stampers so do pop over and leave her some comment love!

So I'm working with the Union Jack and its colours of white, red and blue. I have two cards for you this week. For my first card I used bright, bold colours.



For my second card I muted the colours to create a softer, more nature-based feel.



Do take a look at my teamies' blogs where there may be some bonus cards for your inspiration, and thanks for stopping by!

18 comments:

  1. Your first card is geometric genius, Esther! I love the sharp lines and bold sentiment. Your second card has a real scandi feel which I adore - so folksy and whimsical with lots of lovely white! Great inspiration. Have a fab weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Esther your first card knocked me sideways when I first saw it ... I absolutely love the geometric background design with the big dimensional die-cut sentiment. I almost couldn't make a card myself once I'd seen yours! Simply stunning, bold, fun and striking. In contrast your second card is oozing classy sophistication, subtle use of the colours and so super pretty. Have a fun weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your modern take on the first card. So bold and vibrant. Terrific idea to use softer colors for the second card. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cool idea to show the two colour extremes, Esther. Love, love your bold geometric card with that gorgeous happy word die. I've been eyeing that for a while. And your second card is so sweet. Great inspirations as always. Have a wonderful weekend and week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, two gorgeous cards, Esther ! Two very different cards, the first one very striking with this geometric background design and the bold die cut sentiment over it ! So eye-catching ! And the second one is so delicate with these tiny florals and this beautiful layout ! Absolutely wonderful ! Have a nice Sunday and a fabulous week ! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning! Sensational! Superb! You totally rocked the Union Jack colours on that first card Esther. I adore how you are using bold colours behind white words at the moment; they are such eye-catching designs. A really dramatic card. Then you switch it up with the softer look on that sweet second card. Loving the stamps you used on that one. So much inspiration. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your first card is brilliant. A really clever take on the challenge and the design on both cards is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Geometric genius right there, Esther. Such a fabulous, eyecatching design, simple but so so effective. And I would never have thought to use these colours on a card design like your second one. So pretty and a really cute feel xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...