Happiness is a handmade card

Pages

29.7.17

Less is More week #339 - Pierce Your Project


Hi LIMettes and happy Saturday! It's the start of a new clean and simple card making challenge with Less is More, and this week we want you to make cards using the cue words "pierce your project". I can think of a few ways in interpreting this... how about you?


Our sponsor this month is Happy Little Stampers.


The guest designer this week is 

My first card takes the theme quite literally. On a weekend retreat a few years ago, I used my Black Cat Cougar to create a bird on vellum using its piercing tool. It's sat in my stash ever since, so this seemed like the perfect project to finally use it and I turned it into a sympathy card.


For my second card I took a different approach and went with a pierced heart.


Do take a look at my teamies' blogs where there may be some bonus cards for your inspiration, and thanks for stopping by!

18 comments:

  1. Your pierced projects rock, Esther! I love the soft, elegant feel of your first card, the use of vellum really suits to the style on feel of the card and the elements on it. Your second card has a fab, fab layout, perfect for CAS... And all those cute hearts look adorable! Such a sweet make! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pierced bird is absolutely stunning, Esther! I love the elegance and serenity of the image and the vellum. Your hearts really pop against the clean white space and the pierced edges add a great finishing touch. I hope you have a fab weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You rocked this challenge, Esther. Fantastic that you held onto your pierced bird on vellum. It's gorgeous. And I love your creativity on your second card. So fun! These are fabulous. Have a great week. 😊 Trina xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving that pierced bird design, such a peaceful feel so perfect for a supportive card. And a great interpretation of the challenge with your pierced heart, love that design, so fresh and fun xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two fabulous cards Esther ! Your sympathy card is so serene with this pierced bird on Vellum ! I've been looking for my Pergamano tool for this challenge and I did not find it ! Love your second card and your pierced heart, I recognise here your great creative talent ! Such a gorgeous CAS design too ! Enjoy your Sunday and have a great week ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So elegant and pretty! Terrific inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Been swooning over that classy sympathy card for a couple of weeks Esther so was really interested to see how long you'd had it in your stash. I do that all the time - keep things for ages just waiting for the right time to use them. Fab job of the super-crisp stamping on that vellum too (never an easy thing to do!). I smiles at the pierced heart - you are such a clever clogs and come up with the most brilliant takes on challenges every week. This one is perfect. Gorgeous design and the sentiment is wonderful xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to read you are stepping down from the LIM DT but have greatly appreciated your comments whilst you've been there and wish all the best for your future creativity too

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...